Scrambled eggs frozen

I tried that and then tossed them into the garbage when I saw how it turned out (so bad I didn't even want to put that mess in the compost)

Maybe there is a trick to it, but mixing them with a fork and putting them into a ziplock bag and into the freezer is NOT the right thing. (I can't tell you what works, but at least I can tell you what does not work ;) )

All the best to you 💖

You don't want to whip them, and get too much air in them. Sometimes I will separate them, stir the whites a bit, to break them down, then add the yolks, add a little salt, and pour in the ziplock and freeze. I do these in gallon bags - use for scrambled eggs, thaw overnight in fridge. The above poster might not have waited quite long enough when cooking them. There is a point that looks like a no go, and then they just look and taste like scrambled eggs.

I also will do a dozen as described above, and then pour equal amounts in muffin pans - I use these for baking, two muffins = two eggs.

Having a couple of these in the freezer makes the eggs I get during the winter go farther. I generally save the eggs I am collecting for direct eating. But when my family all comes home, a big pan of scrambled eggs is good for breakfast.

Mrs K

I just finished prepping eggs for crepe batter. Did about 15 dozen. I do batches of 12. Crack them into a china cap to filter out egg shell. chalaza and other bits. Whip it with a wire whip. Use qt freezer bags and freeze flat. I do about 100 dozen this way a year. Eggs for Christmas baking, breakfast burritos and crepes. They easily keep a year. I refuse to buy factory eggs when my girls take a break so this keeps me in eggs in the winter months.
Critical that you beat the yolk. If you just crack the egg, put it in a bag, freeze it then thaw it and try to cook with it, you end up with a gelatinous goo that just floats on the top. Ruins the whole batch.
Bakeries and restaurants work with frozen eggs all day long. Only way for mass production.

I have not had good luck freezing cooked scrambled eggs. The texture is horrible !

However, I have had great outcomes making French toast and freezing 2 slices in Ziplock bags. I do 30 to 40 pieces at a time. Just put frozen French toast in the microwave for 1 min., then pop in the toaster, and enjoy !

I have not had good luck freezing cooked scrambled eggs. The texture is horrible !

However, I have had great outcomes making French toast and freezing 2 slices in Ziplock bags. I do 30 to 40 pieces at a time. Just put frozen French toast in the microwave for 1 min., then pop in the toaster, and enjoy !
Do not cook first.
When we say scrambled we're just saying to blend the egg. You do not want an intact yolk.

Personally, I do not like to freeze or dehydrate my eggs and never cooked eggs. If you are lucky enough to find someone that has a freeze dryer, that is the way to go. My medium-sized unit will hold 18 large eggs per tray x 4 trays. Just scramble with an emulsion blender, pour into trays and let the freeze dryer do its thing. Comes out a powdery, fluffy yellow product that you put in a mylar bag or a glass canning jar with oxygen absorbers. They are supposed to last up to 25 years if done correctly. Very simple to reconstitute.......1 Tablespoon egg powder, 2 tablespoons water = 1 large egg. If you get too much water in it, you just have to cook a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom