Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

We got our first goos egg yesterday [not sure whose; Pom or Seb] and my son was so excited. He found it and come hurrying in with it, tripped on the step and broke it! Oh he was so sad. I heard him on the other side of the door: "NOoooo." :) Here's hoping that some of them get fertilized! I have confirmed that my 'uncertain' gander is a gander and now just wish I could confirm he was doing his duty.

We got our first goos egg yesterday [not sure whose; Pom or Seb] and my son was so excited. He found it and come hurrying in with it, tripped on the step and broke it! Oh he was so sad. I heard him on the other side of the door: "NOoooo." :) Here's hoping that some of them get fertilized! I have confirmed that my 'uncertain' gander is a gander and now just wish I could confirm he was doing his duty.
Too bad you couldn't see the bullseye. I'm getting fertilized white Sebbis eggs, but my S B goose, is bonded to the white gander, so she won't let the colored gander breed her. I'm going to let her get bred by the white gander, at least I'll have split goslings for next year.

I would break open the first eggs to see if they are fertile. Waiting a week for them to develop in the incubator is tough! I broke open the latest SB egg today and not fertile....sigh. But have 5 whites developing, so that is good.

Congrats Ash on the egg! We're still waiting but that's ok. We still have over 3 feet of snow in the yard. But I'll certainly keep my eye out for Bella to start!
wink.png
OMG!!! That's all the snow I do not miss!

Fired up my Hova-bator the other day. Today I set a bunch of Light Sussex, 1 Serama, AND 1 Sebbie egg! At least..I'm hoping it came from my Sebbies. I was gone all last week and while I was gone (of course) they found an egg in one of my Sebbie pens. Fingers crossed for some babies in several weeks!

Blessings -

~ Aspen

Question...my first tiime with geese ever, and how tall a container do I need to have for their brooder? I will probably have to go buy something and I don't want to get it too short.Have 5 white eggs developing and put 8 in incubator today.
wee.gif

Question...my first tiime with geese ever, and how tall a container do I need to have for their brooder? I will probably have to go buy something and I don't want to get it too short.Have 5 white eggs developing and put 8 in incubator today.
wee.gif

I use large plastic totes for new-born-gosling brooders. They work well, they are easy to clean. As they get older I put them in cages like this:

Blessings -

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom