Seems like it took FOREVER!!

You could try removing one , but they really shouldn't be sleeping on the floor or in a nest box unless they are sick or broody. My chooks removed the goofballs from the nests themselves when they started laying.
she looks at them and then goes to the pile of hay in the corner. The pile of hay she sleeps on is an open bale almost a full bale of hay standing on its side she is about 2 and 1/2 feet off the ground when she sits on the hay at night, she is not on the floor. And since she found the open bale she hasnt been in the nest box, not even during the day.

she looks at them and then goes to the pile of hay in the corner. The pile of hay she sleeps on is an open bale almost a full bale of hay standing on its side she is about 2 and 1/2 feet off the ground when she sits on the hay at night, she is not on the floor. And since she found the open bale she hasnt been in the nest box, not even during the day.

She just found a different place to roost, sounds like to me.

Ohh in that case it makes a good roost for her and she may still use the the nest box when she does lay.
I though of a pile of hay as like a small amount she pulled out of the nests.
1-3 ft is the heights many hens roost at, though some try to get up to 6-8 ft that is less common.

Ohh in that case it makes a good roost for her and she may still use the the nest box when she does lay.
I though of a pile of hay as like a small amount she pulled out of the nests.
1-3 ft is the heights many hens roost at, though some try to get up to 6-8 ft that is less common.
thanks

Congrats on the 1st eggs.. My older girls are between 18-20 weeks, we are not sure exactly how old they were when we actually got them, a few weeks. I check every day.. I cannot wait for my 1st egg. Both my SLW are getting pretty red, and one out of the 2 of my EE's looks a bit redder.. only one of my speckled sussex's are getting red now.. the other still very pink..I am on pins and needles. I just put out a pan of oyster shell for them just in case.

Back
Top Bottom