Seems like it took FOREVER!!

Finally!!!!

My RIR laid two eggs at once this morning, first one was small and soft, the second was a bit bigger, but PERFECT!!! She sang and sang, we sang and sang!
big_smile.png
EXCITING! I've been getting at least some eggs since early July but I still get excited everyday when I go out to gather them. Up to 5 consistantly. Have eight who are old enough.

I found a duck egg this morning!!! Then another!! I was not truly expecting my duck to lay this year, so I don't search the pen all that well. But I when I saw one laying there this morning, I looked around and found another behind a boulder! Yeah!! That was even more exciting than my chicken eggs!!!
celebrate.gif

It is an egg skelter. I ordered mine from Amazon. It came from the UK, but mine arrived in 5 days.

I have one hen that lays so early that she drops it from the roosting pole and they break. My roosting poles are about 16 inches above a shelf. But sometimes she's facing the wrong way and they end up on the floor of the coop, about 4 feet down. The only solution I can think of is to lower the roosts so they're closer to the shelf. Any thoughts???????

Back
Top Bottom