Seems like it took FOREVER!!

Thank you linda.
My husband told me 'that's what they're supposed to do' lol
I didn't expect to see eggs for a few more weeks. If my calculations are correct my girls are only 17-18 weeks. I'm not sure which one left me the prize. I'm half tempted to put my husband's game camera in there.

If I had a game camera I would so put it in there and watch 24 hours of chicken TV. You will catch one in the nest at some point.

Hi Everyone, I have been away spending time with the grandkids prior to school starting for the month of August and my hubby was placed in charge of the girls...just as I left my home ...the girls started to lay. This is a picture of what I have so far and I am not sure who is laying and who are not. Also congrats to all who gotten gifts from thier girls.

Finally!!!!

My RIR laid two eggs at once this morning, first one was small and soft, the second was a bit bigger, but PERFECT!!! She sang and sang, we sang and sang!
big_smile.png

Yeah!!!

I might have gotten my first lavender orpington egg today. I say might because if this is a lav orp egg, then I didn't get a silkie egg, but she does skip days. Todays egg is much lighter color than the silkie lays, much smaller in size, and it was in the other nest box. And it was more oblong. So... :fl
My LOs are right at 18 weeks.

Happy Monday morning to y'all. Its been a few days since I've been on here. Congrats to all of you who have gotten your first.....second.....or lots of eggs from your girls its awesome to see your excitement :)

I got my third egg this past weekend. All golf ball size one of them was soft.....kinda freaked my hubby out LOL. I'm pretty sure they're all from one of my rir. My girls are still young. I didn't expect them to lay for a little while yet.

Back
Top Bottom