Seems like it took FOREVER!!

Hi All, I have been very busy with the grand kids but I got my first egg. Yeah!!! So very happy. Now if the other 8 would lay, yah gotta love those girls.

That's great news! Congrats! I have a very broody girl. Might set some eggs.

That's great news! Congrats! I have a very broody girl. Might set some eggs.

I just set 32 bantam eggs in my incubator!

I'm still getting daily eggs from my GC's, even after we moved them, which was a relief. I'm also getting eggs from one or both of my silkies, I just can't pin them down yet. I don't even know for sure if they are both girls! Over the weekend, I was gone, but I got 2 perfect little eggs. Yesterday I got a bigger egg (which looks much like ones that I assumed was from a GC, so I still am not sure about that!) but this morning I found a soft shell, complete egg. I wish I'd just get 2 nice eggs on the same day so I would know its both girls! hahaha

I just set 32 bantam eggs in my incubator!  

I'm still getting daily eggs from my GC's, even after we moved them, which was a relief.  I'm also getting eggs from one or both of my silkies, I just can't pin them down yet.  I don't even know for sure if they are both girls!  Over the weekend, I was gone, but I got 2 perfect little eggs.  Yesterday I got a bigger egg (which looks much like ones that I assumed was from a GC, so I still am not sure about that!) but this morning I found a soft shell, complete egg.  I wish I'd just get 2 nice eggs on the same day so I would know its both girls!  hahaha

I think they purposely keep us guessing. Lol trying to get black copper marans eggs to set under the broody. If i don't find some that'll work by saturday, I'll set a few from my own flock. We need marans for 4-H so why not hatch them if we can.. I had another soft under the roost and found a very thin shell cracked open on the ground. Not sure who laid them.

Hi All, I have been very busy with the grand kids but I got my first egg. Yeah!!! So very happy. Now if the other 8 would lay, yah gotta love those girls.
What breed of Chickens do you have? I have RIRs, RSL, BSL, BR, and Australorps. Three of my older hens still haven't started laying yet. I think my RIRs and my sex links are laying. I've been giving them pep talks at night when I put them up and thanking whoever laid the eggs today. My husband just rolls his eyes but he doesn't know I heard him talking to them the other night hehe.

Does anyone know how long it takes a pullet to start laying bigger eggs?  All of mine are suppose to be exlarge egg layers but I've only gotten a few here and there.  

I started getting eggs the first wk of july. I only have one laying jumboish eggs. The rest mostly smalls. A few in between. Most of mine should lay med or large.

Back
Top Bottom