Seems like it took FOREVER!!

My little partridge wyandotte bantam finally laid her first egg today. Its so tiny. A bit of blood on it. Poor girl. She was still in the nest box. Bit me multiple times when I tried to take eggs out. We also got a huge egg today. I think from a buff orpington. 80 grams! Tried to put up egg pics. Can't get it to work. This is the only site that I can't easily load pictures on.

My little partridge wyandotte bantam finally laid her first egg today. Its so tiny. A bit of blood on it. Poor girl. She was still in the nest box. Bit me multiple times when I tried to take eggs out. We also got a huge egg today. I think from a buff orpington. 80 grams! Tried to put up egg pics. Can't get it to work. This is the only site that I can't easily load pictures on.

I got an 80 gram one this morning also! Looks almost identical to the one I got on Monday. I'm going to crack it tonight to see how many yolks. I'm betting 3.

I got an 80 gram one this morning also!  Looks almost identical to the one I got on Monday.  I'm going to crack it tonight to see how many yolks.  I'm betting 3.
[/quote

Hubby made the same bet. We have one that gives us double yolks more than single so I'm betting its her. Probaby be the weekend before we crack it.

I had eggs coming out my ears. Put a few dozen in cartons and my son and I walked down the road handing out eggs with our contact info on the cartons. I don't plan to charge for them til I can get large eggs reliably. Figured the little ones are perfect samples. I now have 3 "neighbors" that I didn't previously know who want to buy eggs:) I will sell for $2/dozen if they bring a carton. $2.25 if I have to buy cartons. We should be able to sell more than enough to pay the feed bill if I get enough people hooked. Especially since my eggs are better tasting and compatable in price to store eggs.

I have a fourth hen laying! But she's laid 3 soft almost no shell eggs 3 times now. Ugh! I had the oyster shell in a container by the food but they hardly ate out of it. At night when I feed them I throw out some BOSS in their coop so they will stir up the litter. Tonight I threw out some oyster shell too and when I came back to shut them up it was gone! Of course they could of just stirred it up in the litter where I couldn't see it but I guess time will tell.

Three eggs for breakfast this morning.

Yes three double yolkers! It so exciting when we get one. I guess we're easily amused lol.

I'm just still amazed that I'm not the only person crazy over getting eggs! lol

Last night I did crack open my huge 80 gram egg from Monday. I suspected a possible triple yolk, but it was a double. I would guess the one I got yesterday will just be a double also, but maybe a triple. I've only gotten 2 or 3 other doubles, and they weren't very big eggs. I feel sorry for the poor girl that keeps pushing those things out... Ouch.

I have a fourth hen laying! But she's laid 3 soft almost no shell eggs 3 times now.  Ugh!  I had the oyster shell in a container by the food but they hardly ate out of it.   At night when I feed them I throw out some BOSS in their coop so they will stir up the litter. Tonight I threw out some oyster shell too and when I came back to shut them up it was gone!  Of course they could of just stirred it up in the litter where I couldn't see it but I guess time will tell.

I was getting those eggs for a while too. It seems to have worked itself out. Just give her time:) congrats on 4 laying!

Back
Top Bottom