Selling Duck Eggs

I think I understand your view, but...,

If you sell them at a loss, i.e., for less than it cost you to bring product to market, isn't that still more than if you didn't sell them at all?

My point being that you may not be able to make income, but you can recoup some of your costs. Sounds like better than nothing to me.

Rick
Olympia, WA

bump on an old topic....

I'm in Maryland and have some ducks and was trying to figure out the market rate. I called a local farmer and he's selling them for $7/dozen. He raises White Perkins and Khaki Campbell so they should be pretty large eggs.

Does $7 per dozen sound right for my area?

smithmal

bump on an old topic....

I'm in Maryland and have some ducks and was trying to figure out the market rate. I called a local farmer and he's selling them for $7/dozen. He raises White Perkins and Khaki Campbell so they should be pretty large eggs.

Does $7 per dozen sound right for my area?

smithmal
You can always try that price and if you don't get any buyer drop a dollar.

I sell them at $2 for a half dozen. I don't see it as recouping my costs so much as selling excess. I like fresh eggs for cooking so at a $2/half $4 full price-point I can sell them without trying.

I sell mine for $3 - $4 a dozen, Theres not a huge demand (that I've seen) around northwest Ohio for duck eggs. And I have a mixed flock of 14, so there are a lot of leftover eggs that I don't use or sell. For these eggs, I dump the yolks in a big bowl and throw them out in the garden as a kind of fertilizer for next years plants. And I crunch the shells up and feed them to the layers as a source of calcium. They don't care much for oyster shell, but they loooooove crunched egg shell. Haven't hardly had any problems with soft shells since I started doing that.

Last edited:
I have so many allergy `s, one of them is chicken egg`s. I have been studying alternative health and came across information Duck eggs. People allergic to chicken eggs will not be allergic to duck egg. I wasted no time on searching for duck eggs. Went on Craig`s List but none around me. I had one respond, She had one duck hen, I bought all I could of that one duck. Soon her duck hen stopped laying and all I could find was duck`s for sale. I would rather buy my duck eggs, it sure would be allot cheaper but they are all too far away to get them. I had to make a health a choice and bought some duck hens for eggs only for my self. I did my research on duck and bought 6 young duck s for $6,00 each. They were suppose to be all hens, but soon found out that two were drakes. A two week later I had a chance to buy Khaki Campbell and a Indian Runner. The two lay an egg every other day. All these duck were back yard pets and was not getting what they really needed to produce eggs, I have been pouring the feed and nutrients to them 24 /7 with a heat lamp on 24/ 7. I have temporary pence up for the pool activities until the Spring arrives. Around here duck eggs sell for $5.00 a dozen Over on the Washington coast I see them any where from $3,00 to $10.00 depending how over stocked they are. Fertile eggs can be $5.00 each.

http://www.localharvest.org/blog/16682/entry/duck_eggs_vs_chicken_eggs

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/duck-eggs-vs-chicken-eggs.html

http://urbanhomestead.org/journal/category/animals/ducks-animals/

Hello, i live in Arkansas and want to buy some fertilizer duck eggs, i dont have a clue where to buy any. Or just buy ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom