Setting eggs on 3/7. Anyone else?

How long from when you hear them cheep to when they break throught the egg. We heard them at 11:30 last night, but I don't see holes this morning.

Picture
pictures?
many pictures coming soon. The moisture on the incubator window is making for very blurry pictures.

How long from when you hear them cheep to when they break throught the egg. We heard them at 11:30 last night, but I don't see holes this morning.
you can hear them as soon as they pip internally. It can take anywhere from minutes to hours before they pip externally. As far as pip to hatch, I had some with a huge hole first thing in the morning that didn't hatch until the following day and some with this tiny pip who were out a hour later.

I raised humidity to 71%. I just noticed that the pip is much closer to the small end of the egg.

Just now saw this about setting on the 7th. That's when I started! Now I'm anxiously waiting for 38 eggs to hatch! Temp and humidity have done really well this time ( not so great of a hatch last year
1f61e.png
). I have 31 EE eggs in there and 7 Australorps.

I messed up my counting days and locked down a day too early but I'm still very hopeful! No sign of pipping yet!

Anything happening in your incubator?

I WOKE UP TO A PIP!! A white Chantecler. He's pecking away I can actually see his little beak poking out the hole. I'm shaking I'm so excited!! Yay!!! Don't expect much work outta me today! Lol

Back
Top Bottom