Setting up the bator and setting shipped eggs this week....anyone else wanna join?

Everyone is doing good! All 18 Catdance babies are now in a bigger brooder space in the new Silkie's only coop! My hubby and I spent 2 days getting everything done! We converted an old shed we had - new paint, flooring - it is all good! They will have a nice completely enclosed run! They are all so darn cute!

Vicki, I will wait until I can sort out who is who and what is what and keep all but extra roos that would not make a breeding set. I have never had silkies, so have no idea the different things to look for in sexing these fuzzballs! Right now I am just enjoying them. They are finally warming up to me and not seeing me as a big monster coming to get them! I think giving them treats is a real plus in accomplishing that
gig.gif
!

My hubby who has been an amazing trouper did say today "can you maybe not hatch any more unless you are going to sell them?" He needs a break building stuff for my chickens!
wink.png
. I said I totally understood, and from here on out the Silkies would do the hatching!

Last edited:
yes,
my DH said the same thing. No more hatching unless it is a paid order. My shipped eggs are a bummer. I have 3 fertile eggs. I am a bit upset. That really sucks. The shipper sent me 6 more eggs and those are infertile too. I hope for at least the three to hatch. My DH is really really mad. The color on the eggs are so nice.

yes,
my DH said the same thing. No more hatching unless it is a paid order. My shipped eggs are a bummer. I have 3 fertile eggs. I am a bit upset. That really sucks. The shipper sent me 6 more eggs and those are infertile too. I hope for at least the three to hatch. My DH is really really mad. The color on the eggs are so nice.

I'm sorry, that is a bummer!
hugs.gif
I don't blame you for being upset!

yes,
my DH said the same thing. No more hatching unless it is a paid order.  My shipped eggs are a bummer. I have 3 fertile eggs. I am a bit upset. That really sucks. The shipper sent me 6 more eggs and those are infertile too. I hope for at least the three to hatch. My DH is really really mad. The color on the eggs are so nice.

That's too bad Vicki. Good luck with the remaining three. Sending good hatching vibes your way.
Hugs,
Melinda

yes,

Only 3 fertile...that is a bummer but fingers crossed for 3 successful hatchlings. What day are they on?

Everyone is doing good! All 18 Catdance babies are now in a bigger brooder space in the new Silkie's only coop! My hubby and I spent 2 days getting everything done! We converted an old shed we had - new paint, flooring - it is all good! They will have a nice completely enclosed run! They are all so darn cute!

Vicki, I will wait until I can sort out who is who and what is what and keep all but extra roos that would not make a breeding set. I have never had silkies, so have no idea the different things to look for in sexing these fuzzballs! Right now I am just enjoying them. They are finally warming up to me and not seeing me as a big monster coming to get them! I think giving them treats is a real plus in accomplishing that
gig.gif
!

My hubby who has been an amazing trouper did say today "can you maybe not hatch any more unless you are going to sell them?" He needs a break building stuff for my chickens!
wink.png
. I said I totally understood, and from here on out the Silkies would do the hatching!

I still can't believe all 18 eggs hatched...amazing!!! Can't wait to see pics of them as they grow up and your new Silkie Coop.

After this thread finally dies, we will all have to stay in touch on email and be long life YAYA Sisters of the BYC! LOL! It's been such fun getting to know you, Vicki, and Melinda and sharing our hatching stories and experiences.

Melinda, how are those Wyandotte babies doing?

Hey Justine,
They are so cute! I will have to take new pix as they are growing rapidly and would love an opinion as to their gender. I sold four of them and hopefully have kept pullets. Although I wouldn't mind having one roo. I bought "Araucauna" chicks and maybe can make some EEs next season! Although I still really want to hatch some Marans next :D
How many of your chicks did you keep? And do you presell your chicks? Or do you just wing it?
Sending our youngest your way today. Well, technically to Sarasota and Cape Coral.He'll be flying down to visit grandmas and grandpas for the week... Always a little nerve wracking, but he'll be flying with his cousin and its a direct flight so they can't get lost in an airport anyway! Can you tell mom's a little nervous :lol: hope all is well your way :D
Melinda

Hey Justine,
They are so cute! I will have to take new pix as they are growing rapidly and would love an opinion as to their gender. I sold four of them and hopefully have kept pullets. Although I wouldn't mind having one roo. I bought "Araucauna" chicks and maybe can make some EEs next season! Although I still really want to hatch some Marans next
big_smile.png

How many of your chicks did you keep? And do you presell your chicks? Or do you just wing it?
Sending our youngest your way today. Well, technically to Sarasota and Cape Coral.He'll be flying down to visit grandmas and grandpas for the week... Always a little nerve wracking, but he'll be flying with his cousin and its a direct flight so they can't get lost in an airport anyway! Can you tell mom's a little nervous
lol.png
hope all is well your way
big_smile.png

Melinda

Hi Melinda, I kept a nice mix of 9 girls for egg laying and sold the rest. I have never pre-sold them but if I decide to go hatch-crazy I might have to....LOL! Usually I just wait til they are two weeks old and put an ad on craigslist and they sell like hotcakes. I have met some of the nicest people selling chickens. Did your youngest child make it down to Sarasota ok? We live about 45 mins from Sarasota. If you ever come down, we will have to meet.
big_smile.png

Looking forward to pics of those little Wyandotte cuties!!! Also, those Araucana chicks...those are tail less, right?

Back
Top Bottom