Setting up the bator and setting shipped eggs this week....anyone else wanna join?

New pictures please!!

They are due this weekend. I am hoping for three..I do have 6 in there, but three of them are ifffy. Made me sick to toss the ones I did toss. There is a lady close to where I live who shows BCM. I will get some from her later in the year. I am just hoping for something for my money.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Fingers crossed for pips.....anything yet?

I have two out of the BCM..and 6 out of the Orps..I am not sure if anything else is going to hatch or not..I will leave them in another day and hope for more.

I am setting up my bator an trying to get it to stabilize for the first time. I have notice a difference between the digital and the bulb type thermometer of 8˚ over a period of 18 hours. Which is the real temp? Both of them are by Acurite. I have them laid side by side in the egg turner.

I am setting up my bator an trying to get it to stabilize for the first time. I have notice a difference between the digital and the bulb type thermometer of 8˚ over a period of 18 hours. Which is the real temp? Both of them are by Acurite. I have them laid side by side in the egg turner.
You need to test them..get a glass of crushed ice and put water in it. Place both of the thermometers in..the one that reads 32 is correct.

I am done hatching...till my next batch is due on the 25th. Only the 2 BCM hatched...I am not happy..all of my Orpingtons hatched..so I am happy about that. Two of the BCM were fully formed and never made it out of the egg. The shells were so thick I could barely get them open. My DH had to use a drill. Poor things.

I am done hatching...till my next batch is due on the 25th. Only the 2 BCM hatched...I am not happy..all of my Orpingtons hatched..so I am happy about that. Two of the BCM were fully formed and never made it out of the egg. The shells were so thick I could barely get them open. My DH had to use a drill. Poor things.

I'm glad 2 BCM babies hatched at least. I know you were hoping for more. Give us some pics to see when you can
big_smile.png

Oh My, One of my first hatch silkies (Garry farms) CROWED today!!
barnie.gif
Super early bloomer!!!! I am ready to see pictures of those first hatches to see everyone is progressing! I will try and get pics of mine today! They are fluffing out nicely! The Catdance babies and Garry girls (and boys) are getting integrated right now and it is going very well! One of the little ones snuck in to the big girl sleeping pile last night and slept with them. It was adorable!

I have been dealing with Wry neck on one of the babies. I think we are finally over the hump, but it has been a huge time consuming task with that one! I feel like I need to come up with a baby sling for chickens!
gig.gif

Hope you are all doing well!!
Becky

Back
Top Bottom