Share your pictures of Dust/Dirt Baths

My hens made their own little dirt bath spot. It's too cute to see them rolling in the dirt!!!

I know, If hadn't known better I might have thought something was wrong with her, I found her sprawled out with her head twisted under her back flopping all around.
gig.gif
haha

The late Shirley (with her signature stink eye) in the garden
smile.png

Later joined by her bff Petunia
hugs.gif

Happy white leghorn
smile.png

Tuni in the garden before planting. She says she's helping dig holes for potatoes. Righ.......T!
lol.png

I give them a sand/dirt box in their brooder
love.gif

Last edited:
Louise the easter egger. Pocahontas is the turken watching over her..

Mouse, my OEGB. Kinda hard to see her, but her head is in the shadow of the door.

She's such a cute little thing!!

My Barred Rock rooster found his own dust bath facility quite by accident. We put a tractor out in our orchard, and apparently the previous owners used to dump ashes from the wood stove and barbeque out there, which is now covered in grass. This morning, I found he had dug an impression into the soil, reaching the ash level, and is out there hogging it all to himself. The three hens are waiting their turn.

Here are my pullets enjoying their first dust bath outside!!! (At the end, you can see Bernice, my Partridge Rock "pullet" come on the scene. I am thinking she is a he. She has dark leg wash all the way to the toes and no waddles, but "she" has a developing comb which is peach in color.
sad.png
) Anyway, enjoy this cuteness!!!!!!!

0.jpg

I wish that I had taken photos of my 12 day old chicks taking dust baths in their food dish. It was actually a wide mouthed very short canning jar that I tried. It kept the food from being kicked all over the place. One day I looked up and I saw my Bielfelder roo sitting comfortably on top, and then he started to roll around! They all took turns!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom