She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

When you candle an egg that is ready for lockdown from the air cell end, you will see:

A large dark mass filling 2/3 of the egg
A distinct membrane line between the embryo and the air cell
The membrane will be tilted to one side in most cases
There will be no or virtually no amber (liquid) between the dark mass and the membrane
At this point you are 2-3 days from hatch

If you are a little late, you may also:
See a beak poked up into the air cell
Hear cheeping
At this point you are 1-2 days from hatch
Thank you, good to know.

Here's my boy... he's got a bit of fretting in his tail, but starting to fill out nicely... still only 6 or 7 months old too... no brassy or leakage...

Some of the kiddos... think there's a bunch of pullets, but not sure if I'll keep any of this batch yet...

Be careful what you dare...
wink.png
VERRRRRY NICE!

Here's younger pics of a couple of the girls...

Right before POL...

Broody hen at POL... blech, not the best pic... she just ate and leaned weird, lol...

Last edited:
Mama broody doing a good job. When babies come out from under, she gently scolds them, and tucks them back in. So far, I've seen 2 black girls, and from the looks of the rest that I've seen, several boys if their leg color matches those of the last few hatches. I think all 6 have hatched.

Mama broody doing a good job.  When babies come out from under, she gently scolds them, and tucks them back in.  So far, I've seen 2 black girls, and from the looks of the rest that I've seen, several boys if their leg color matches those of the last few hatches.  I think all 6 have hatched.  

Go broody!! :)

Here's my boy... he's got a bit of fretting in his tail, but starting to fill out nicely... still only 6 or 7 months old too... no brassy or leakage...

Some of the kiddos... think there's a bunch of pullets, but not sure if I'll keep any of this batch yet...

Be careful what you dare... ;)

Lovely! I love them! And your ducks too... I dare you to add some pics of them here... :gig

Back
Top Bottom