iwiw60

Crowing
5 Years
Jan 27, 2014
Central Oregon
So I'm browsing pins over at Pinterest just now, saw this pin:

Right below this pin was THIS comment:

Terri
If you have a rooster or a very old tuff hen you may want to consider this option: Wild bird sanctuaries that house eagles and hawk will take live chickens, humanity gas them to feed these endangers birds of prey.

What???? I almost puked when I read that statement. While it may very well be true I would hardly call it a "humane" way to die ......I just wouldn't do that...just sayin'
rant.gif

Last edited:
There are raptor rehab centers that take donations of chickens and rabbits. There is one in VT that I know of. They are not alive when fed to the raptors, instead they are first euthanized with carbon dioxide. Off they go to sleep and that's it.

Gassing with carbon dioxide is not a pleasant way to die for a bird. Anyone ever have to watch or help do it? I did at a rehab center because it was the only legal way they were allowed to do it at the time. It would be more humane to perform cervical dislocation then this. I would have posted that back, but I'm not sure if pinterest comments get updates to those that posted.

Marci

They actually have conversations on pinterest??? I thought it was just a bunch of pictures...usually with even very little descriptions.

Actually CO has been widely discussed in the meaties section.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom