Show birds for my daughter

Quote:
ooh Cochins
droolin.gif

Bantam Light Brahmas. Hands down. Super sweet disposition. Small. A friend gave my 7 year old daughter one (Widget). We have a plethora of silkies and LF cochins, LF Light Brahmas...they are all great. But lil' Widget is so gentle and loves my DD.

Well, we went to the show today. They didn't have every breed I wanted to her to see, but they had enough for her to get a good idea of the possibilities. Naturally most of the bantams were in the upper cages where she could not see them clearly so I had to carry her from cage to cage, back and forth, back and forth, back and...

At first she was excited by the White Cochins and really liked the Columbian Rocks. Then she saw the White Wyandottes and liked those too. She liked the White Rocks as well and especially the White Leghorns but there I discouraged her from choosing them as her first birds though I think she may go for them later. Then she saw the White Old English Games and really liked them, but she couldn't make up her mind. So back around the show we went again to refine her search. She finally decided she liked clean legs better so out went the Cochins, Brahmas, Duccles, and the others. Still had four breeds to choose from so back around the show we went where she decided she wanted a small comb so out went the Rocks. Finally it was back and forth between the White Wyandottes and the White Old English Games.

And the winner is...

White Old English Games!

My back was rejoicing.

I think in the beginning I'll have to see to the dubbing for her when she's not there because she's going to be traumatized by that, but she really liked them both the cock birds and the hens.

Now all I have to do is find someone hopefully within reasonable proximity that has a good line.

If I were going to show birds myself I could have gone for those bantam White Leghorns, but my two daughters will be quite enough show activity for me.

Thanks for all the help folks! Much obliged.

Back
Top Bottom