Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Bull dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pit bulls

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
I want to know how many people want to show or do show dogs. What breed? Do you have any tips for the newbies,

Hey Stern. I am a newbie as well, and the only tip I can give you is to read your chosen breeds standard, watch videos of your breed being judged, go to shows without your dog at first and watch, talk to handlers after they are done in the ring, and if you go to classes make absolutely sure they know how your breed is shown. I say this because I was late finding conformation trainers where I live, so I paid for some privates and then discovered I was being taught how to show a German Shepard, not a Siberian. So now my pup and I have to unlearn some stuff. It has really messed us up in training.

I too would be greatful for any tips experienced handlers and breeders can give me about showing dogs.

Hi there,
I own a beautiful black and white border collie called Gale
I show her in local shows, and my daughter shows her in young handler
Although Gale much prepares chasing ball lol:D

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Thank you, please forgive my double postings, I'm really not good at this technology thingy lol

Articles from the Doberman Parent Club- but many are not breed specific. Many of the parent clubs will have articles on showing, training, breeding, etc that can be useful even if you don't have that breed. Purina used to have webinars on showing also. http://www.dpca.org/BreedEd/articles/35-conformation

I like Michelle Santana's articles. Her articles work fairly well for any of the Working Group.

Back
Top Bottom