Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Bull dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pit bulls

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Right now my Irish Wolfhound Natalie has finished her Championship and will be going to Westminster in the spring hopefully.
We just made it out of NYC one year- freeways closing, the airports closed all flights down because of a snowstorm and friends leaving an hour or so later had to stay several extra days. I don't call that "spring"!

After I got done with my own guffaw, it dawned on me that some of us have different regional dialects...

like when I went 'next door' to PA and asked a clerk "where's your pop", he looked at me like I was from Venus and finally asked me if I meant "soda" ? :lau  
Glad he couldn't read my mind for the 'new' words I began to call him and then I had to take it all immediately back as I know he is as human as I am...
I meant beverage, not alcohol...soda...pop...soda-pop...sorry for any mix-up. No 'intent' meant :duc .

Lol, I wasn't confused just clearing the air

be prepared to wait.      Took me over 3 years to get the boy I have now.     Find a breeder you like and dogs you like and then wait for the right puppy to come along.     :)

It's not something you can rush but it's worth the wait!

Great advice. One of the biggest mistakes I see new people make is to fall for the first cute puppy they can find. I know how easy that is but if you want to be successful, particularly in a competitive breed like Aussies, take your time and spend the waiting time learning. It's just as easy to fall in love with a puppy from a well bred litter.

Well if your buying a round of drinks
Can I please have a nice Australian white wine
Jacobs creek perhaps . Lol :lol:

Some of us~Cough-Cough~ aren't old enought for adult drinks. Lol, well if you go with the law,.......
You showd a bedlington? I'm not found of them.

Well I am of enough, so ill have a arge glass of whie .... Please. Lol:p

stemrose, I know you're excited but I think that you are still looking at this all wrong if you want to get a show dog.

a breeder that you want to get a show quality pup from isn't likely to advertise with descriptions like "cute" or what color the puppies eyes are. They will talk about the parents health and titles, working ability, and if the pup is considered a possible show prospect, working prospect or for a pet home.

Also, since show prospects are generally decided upon until 8-9 weeks, it's a matter of the draw if you get a certain color. Of course, you can wait until a good breeder has a show prospect pup that happens to be the color you want but it could be a LONG wait. I mean 3, 4, 5 years or longer since good breeders don't usually breed often and will often shy away from someone who's first words is "I want this color"
You can shorten your wait by finding a breeder who frequently produces the colors you prefer but even then it's a matter of matching the right pup to you.

Don't get an "ok" pup if you want a show dog. Get the best pup that you possibly can, even if it means a longer wait. Conformation isn't for the thin-skinned nor is it kind to those who buy an "ok" dog and try to show. It can be very discouraging to pay money for someone to tell you everything that is "bad" about your dog lol

Back
Top Bottom