Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you guys have any Clarets? I find these to be one of the most beautiful breeds of American gamefowl, especially the ones wine red in color.
If you got them show them off. We'd love to see 'em.

I need a replacement rooster. Last one I had was the pic with the daffodils. I thought my chickens were OEG but I see they may be mixed with American Gamefowl. How do you know the difference? I had researched online OEG to learn the names of colors. There are differences with American color names although they look very similar in pictures. I wanted to keep them "pure" but maybe that is unrealistic because I really don't know their origins except that they were fighting roosters the neighbor kept. He has moved away.and my last rooster was apparently taken by a predator. These birds do not have a coop - they roost in a tree. I can't have one that is not able to keep up. I think one of the girls would happily sit on some eggs right now if I could get some.

I need a replacement rooster. Last one I had was the pic with the daffodils. I thought my chickens were OEG but I see they may be mixed with American Gamefowl. How do you know the difference? I had researched online OEG to learn the names of colors. There are differences with American color names although they look very similar in pictures. I wanted to keep them "pure" but maybe that is unrealistic because I really don't know their origins except that they were fighting roosters the neighbor kept. He has moved away.and my last rooster was apparently taken by a predator. These birds do not have a coop - they roost in a tree. I can't have one that is not able to keep up. I think one of the girls would happily sit on some eggs right now if I could get some.

Beautiful pics, if they were raised by a Cocker next door then they are American Games, Most OEG are white legged on all the color patters except Blacks and Blues, most of the color descriptions for OEG are real close to the American games, although some AG colors are not recognized by the OEGs!!! Try buying some fertile eggs from a friend and setting them if the hen is broody! They make great moms! Hope this helps, Lynn

She resembles a hen that I have. Look at my pictures. Mine is a Yellow leg Hatch Roundhead. But even if they look similar. The blood line or breed may be complety different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom