Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some ID help. Please PM me with any info. I do not get on very often.

Good process.. tried and true. Thats the way the old cockers do it from what I have seen/heard.

I think free ranging is the best for growing out. I keep all mine free range in my yard (and neighbors yard sometimes haha). Do you keep your free range in a netted area or just open to the world?

They are free to come and go as they please when they free range. They roost as high as they can get in the trees and have our whole property and hillside to graze. They dont tend to wander far past our property line. They stay close to where they are fed. :)

Any of u guys ever hatch any chicks yourself and then see if a hen will adopt them? I've never done it and don't plan to either, just figured I'd ask.

I have added chicks to a hen's nest at night several times, last year I had a new pullet shipped to me as a surprise and I put her in a pen with some chicks that was probably 2 weeks old so I could do some rearranging, when I went back to get her out she had took them in as her own. I never seen a pullet do this before.

Last edited:
Most of the water has gone down at my house, the area lakes are still flooded, a lot homes and properties still under water, some streets and roads are still closed. I didn't take this picture, but I'm still wondering how he got to the ditches on I-49 with his boat.

I have added chicks to a hen's nest at night several times, last year I had a new pullet shipped to me as a surprise and I put her in a pen with some chicks that was probably 2 weeks old so I could do some rearranging, when I went back to get her out she had took them in as her own. I never seen a pullet do this before.
Ha. See that's exactly what I was asking.

Most of the water has gone down at my house, the area lakes are still flooded, a lot homes and properties still under water, some streets and roads are still closed. I didn't take this picture, but I'm still wondering how he got to the ditches on I-49 with his boat.
If those ditches are flooded for a ways he probably could put it in anywhere, although a bit risky without an actual ramp. Could end up with the whole rig in the ditch lol. Nutty either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom