Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furthest muzzleloader deer was about 45 yds. Bow right at 40-42 yds. I won't shoot past 40 yds or so with a bow. Once I get a longbow and start hunting with it after plenty of practice I'll probably still go hungry. Lol

I grew up shooting recurves, you'll love instinctive style shooting. I still have a Bear bow that 40 something years old. Bowfishing is fun and very good practice.

Most of my kills last year were well under 75yds with a rifle. This year im setting up on un hunted land id say 50yds will be max.

And just redid my stock again haha went a bit darker.

Thought warhorse were straight comb. May be wrong though I don't know much about them

To begin, I will go back to the year 1855, when John Stone of Marblehead, Mass., came south and fought and defeated Col. Tom Bacon a main of cocks at Columbia, S.C. Stone used against Bacon two styles of cocks evidently of different families and distinctive in appearance. One portion of them showing bright red plumage, black or mottled breast, orange hackle, yellow beak and moccasin legs stripped on the outside with flesh colored red. These he called Gliders or Claibornes and I am informed that occasionally one showed a tassel and some few a round head with pea comb. The other cocks he showed were brown and mahogany reds. All smooth heads and single, straight comb with black faces, comb black or sooty looking, eyes dark red or hazel brown (not black) and lead or dark legs. These he called his "Irish Brown Reds."

image.jpeg

Lonestar law growing his tail and saddle feathers so fast, must be doing something right.
image.jpeg

Here's the 1/2 Joe Goode 1/4 reg grey 1/4 blue mug hen I picked up, the 1x dad ended up getting mauled by a dog so I won't be getting him. But it's fine so I can dilute the blue mug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom