Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to separate my black chicks bout a week ago found two locked up just laying there in the middle of the field. When I got to em they both kicked one another. They were in bad shape and totally exhausted they are acting an doing ok now, but 4 out of the 5 left are in pens now.

They are all ok now... worked it out.
I had a pen of four nest mates go through this a couple of days ago and one other little stag that had no business in the disagreement, but invited himself anyway. They are fine today.

What color did you guy call this?

20180815_165303.jpg

Thanks. This and another being reared up. I think they are are wheaten based gray that I have. We had another variant that was a combination of brown red, wheaten and gray so really came close to buttermilk with a little root beer mixed in. Very pleasing to the eye but those I had where decidely unpleasant to all in defense of brood even when brood did not need defending. Had really sharp spurs to boot.

I purchased some grey eggs and only managed to hatch 2, a pullet and a stag lol. One is chipmunk stripped, like I would expect. The other is white with a couple of black specks. Anyone ever seen greys hatch like this? I don't have much experience hatching greys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom