Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hay js, on the modern thing we are talking game fowl right just trying to understand the base of this ? if that is the case anything could be your base as long as it had game fowl in it . trying to understand been at this a long time . cold test ......................mike fis

hay js, on the modern thing we are talking game fowl right just trying to understand the base of this ? if that is the case anything could be your base as long as it had game fowl in it . trying to understand been at this a long time . cold test ......................mike fis 
Modern games aren't the same. Bred purely for looks. It's a show kinda bird. Nowhere near the same as American gamefowl.

Hey Mike,
Moderns are an English breed meant to exaggerate the traits of gamefowl. They were based on crosses of Malay(oriental) and Old English games. They are considered show fowl, but a lot of game traits seem to have retained from what I have seen/experienced. I was lucky enough to find large/standard size which is slightly taller than American games because of their long legs.

I have experimented crossing them with my American x Spanish Game crosses (White line). The results vary a lot but I am looking to produce pure white fowl that look like American Games, with the added genes for extra long legs. Preferably dark green/slate legs.

So far my original Modern cock and my 1/2 Modern x 1/2 American cock both passed away fighting (accidentally of course). Even though they though aren't that great at fighting yet, at least they are game, which I can work with.

This 2015 stag is my latest from experimenting with Moderns. I am going to breed him back to an original Modern hen, his cousin and his mom and see what is produced.

Some of the guys on here tease me because of my Modern crosses, but so far I have no complaints from them.

Last edited:
thank`s JS very much for the reply back , just learning as i go . most peple on here could not tell how to check gut fat or how to hold a chicken, thank`s again mike fis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom