Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I posted this before but I always have turkeys coming through being nosy.

are those legs white? they standard says slate legs for them. I only know that because I had what I thought was the worlds greatest little oegb, except he had slate legs. Hence, he was not an oegb.

from feathersite,
"Gary approached the Standard Committee of the APA in the late 1940s to see if this new bantam could be admitted to the Standard of Perfection. A mandate was made that neither yellow, willow or pinkish white legs would be acceptable because these colors would conflict with Brown Leghorn, Modern Game and Old English Game. Eventually bluish slate was developed and became predominant."
no they look white because of the way the sun was hitting him when i took his picture

Anybody Have Any Sweaters? Do the Hens have spurs too?? I have what I "think" is a Sweater Pullet and she has spurs coming in. The guy i got her from had many hens with spurs. I just noticed today that she had spurs coming in.

That's her spur coming in.

Is she a Sweater? If not then what is she?

Anybody Have Any Sweaters? Do the Hens have spurs too?? I have what I "think" is a Sweater Pullet and she has spurs coming in. The guy i got her from had many hens with spurs. I just noticed today that she had spurs coming in. That's her spur coming in. Is she a Sweater? If not then what is she?
Gotta ask the man you got her from. He's the only one who will know for sure. I've got a bunch of hens and pullets with spurs along with most guys here. Can't tell from the pic taken with a flash but she looks awfully dark for a sweater. I'm no expert though. Nice bird anyway.

Anybody Have Any Sweaters? Do the Hens have spurs too?? I have what I "think" is a Sweater Pullet and she has spurs coming in. The guy i got her from had many hens with spurs. I just noticed today that she had spurs coming in. That's her spur coming in. Is she a Sweater? If not then what is she?
looks to me like a yellow legged hatch hen

Gotta ask the man you got her from. He's the only one who will know for sure. I've got a bunch of hens and pullets with spurs along with most guys here. Can't tell from the pic taken with a flash but she looks awfully dark for a sweater. I'm no expert though. Nice bird anyway.
I think the flash made her look darker, & thanks anyways

Spangled Hoover Warhorse. VERY rare and VERY good when crossed over the Black Devils.

The hard part about Warhorses is sifting through the Sid Taylors and assorted blacks people try to pass off as REAL Warhorses in order to make a quick buck. It's taken me a LONG time to find a few breeders who I know have the real stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom