Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I walked out this morning and heard chicks a day earlier than I expected.  The second hen was more successful.  She started with 12, 11 were fertile and 10 peeps looking out of the nest this morning.  I will get a pic soon!

Next one is due to hatch on Tuesday.  She is setting on 15 eggs, but I have another broody setting on plastic eggs that I will probably use to reduce the work load.
update? I have a clutch of Albany pipping and a clutch of eggs On their way to stick under her

update? I have a clutch of Albany pipping and a clutch of eggs On their way to stick under her
Very nice, do you just swap the chicks for a new clutch of eggs? Will she keep on setting?

All 10 look good. Not all wanted to come out for treats, but all of the colors are represented...

This is the light chick from the first batch and there are some in the second batch. It has been a long time since I raised anything Gray, but I am thinking there is too much red/brown in the primaries for this to be a Gray? Any opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom