Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will share my experiences and I hope to not slow down. I am very motivated and I hope to learn n expand at the same time breed quality. I hope I don't fail. I know I won't bc I have raised 1500 with no issues. 23 of them being peacocks and at the time I orally wormed the birds twice a year. Be patient I will show u what one person is capable of doing. There is a lot that I have done that most people wouldn't believe.
I don't want you to fail. I'm just saying you seem to have too much going on is all. Your not impressing me so do what you want. Good luck!

I have a stag that is like that thinking to cull him

That isn't a manfighter by a long shot!! I'm serious no bullsh*t. I used to think the same thing til I actually was dealing with a real manfighter. I even bred him. Guess what just culled two stags off him for the same sh*t one which was as bad as the original. The manfighters I've had don't stop and ain't just pecking like a laying hen chief or an occassinal kick here and there. They will keep coming. Shuffling over and over. They bite like a d*mn dog. Your experience with your birds are likely far different than others.

I know what its like to be motivated and i am impressed with birdman and his systems. Seems like he automates a lot of it which saves a lot of hard work. Working smarter not harder. If i didn't have to work 40 hours a week I'd be striving to be build up efficient coops and aviaries with automatic watering and broodboxes on thermostats.

But no way would i be able to keep that many birds in my 1/2 acre. And i don't know that i would want to unless they were for food or business... or for creating ferel colony somewhere

I know what its like to be motivated and i am impressed with birdman and his systems. Seems like he automates a lot of it which saves a lot of hard work. Working smarter not harder. If i didn't have to work 40 hours a week I'd be striving to be build up efficient coops and aviaries with automatic watering and broodboxes on thermostats.

But no way would i be able to keep that many birds in my 1/2 acre. And i don't know that i would want to unless they were for food or business... or for creating ferel colony somewhere

Doing as he says sustainable if that is all he does. If he has another job he is very likely to burn out. I have done similar with my fish side of life which burns you out with the seven days a week stuff. Automating distracts you from what is important when it comes to staying on top of problems that can be detected early by the more intimate interactions with your charges.

Doing as he says sustainable if that is all he does. If he has another job he is very likely to burn out. I have done similar with my fish side of life which burns you out with the seven days a week stuff. Automating distracts you from what is important when it comes to staying on top of problems that can be detected early by the more intimate interactions with your charges.
I concur. That's all I meant. Checking for lice, mites, bumble foot, cutting spurs, dubbing, checking weight, or any other problems you can't check at a glance. Feathers can hide a lot of problems. The only way is to handle them often. I enjoy handling them as often as I can anyway. If I had too many more I wouldn't be able to do it.

Last edited:
I concur. That's all I meant. Checking for lice, mites, bumble foot, cutting spurs, dubbing, checking weight, or any other problems you can't check at a glance. Feathers can hide a lot of problems. The only way is to handle them often. I enjoy handling them as often as I can anyway. If I had too many more I wouldn't be able to do it.

Your husbandry gets degraded even before the handling part is considered. I can spot in an instant many health issues based on behavior alone but there are limits to the number of birds you can watch during coarse of feeding and watering. I like to stair at birds from a distance when they are not preoccupied with eating yet spread out a bit to do what they want while relaxed.

Little bit of frostbite on the tips, needs dubbed but overall not a bad bird

at what age is ok to dub at? also thank you guys for making me look at my bird program as it has only made me more strict. My intent is to create the best stock in all the birds I have...so far I have been successful but as you guys no gamefowl are a lot different then most. I appreciate that you guys are pointing things out that might be overlooked from someone knew to gamefowl....so thanks again...I have to say you (gamefowlers) are very strict to breeding programs and you keep track of the lineage way better then any other people with birds...I hope that by learning from you experienced folk I can be as good of a breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom