Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like him I want to dub him but his cumb is really thick it scares me don't want to mess him up
I don't particularly enjoy dubbing birds but you should be just fine. Just need to use a little more force at the thickest part. I still need to do a bunch and every time I look at those thick straight combs I cringe. I have bigger issues with the wattles that grow real tight alongside the throat.

downsizing try to get down to about 10 domes. Ima make a shop/shed out the lean to. I'd prefer to have more time with less than the other way. Which I was busting at the seams for my set-up
Gotta make more time for fishing! I need to cut way back as well. I have a few hens in pens by themselves but otherwise I have a few empty pens. Would like to have a few more empty though

Is he based on something Spanish?

I'm not really sure I would think so, my friend knows the guy where I got them from all I know about them it's that he's been breeding the same lane over 15 years. I've spar him super fast not disappointed my only issue with them is that for some reason I find it harder to breed them then my other birds

I don't particularly enjoy dubbing birds but you should be just fine. Just need to use a little more force at the thickest part. I still need to do a bunch and every time I look at those thick straight combs I cringe. I have bigger issues with the wattles that grow real tight alongside the throat.

Me too I hate it but it has to be done. I always find an excuse to not do it but I'm running out of them

I'm not really sure I would think so, my friend knows the guy where I got them from all I know about them it's that he's been breeding the same lane over 15 years. I've spar him super fast not disappointed my only issue with them is that for some reason I find it harder to breed them then my other birds
I had fertility issues the very short time I messed with them

Very same mechanism that promotes hennie look reduces fertility, it is not simply an inbreeding issue. Breeding with birds on male side that are heterozygous can get you past a lot of the fertility problems. That means stock will not breed true for hennie look hen you compromise for better fertlity.

Three more clutches and I think that'll pretty much be it. Started dismantling the breeder/flypens. Gotta start rolling up growouts and gonna try and sell some domes

I really like that setup. In next couple years I hope to make similar near house for my display birds that get frequent handling.

6' wide is real nice but if I were to do it again I'd do 4' wide. Still more than enough space and 2 more stalls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom