Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This little guy fights grown roosters I thought he was a she but now idk.... what you guys think?
What is it? How old? Looks like a stag. Sometimes you can check the saddle area. Pull all the feathers back and look for male feathers growing in. Check every day. You can tell a lot faster this way with some.

Spur development weak for any stag. If henny feathered then feathers may not be useful for sexing. I would like to see bird in better light for whole body and closeups of head and lower legs.

Spur development weak for any stag. If henny feathered then feathers may not be useful for sexing. I would like to see bird in better light for whole body and closeups of head and lower legs.
That's a good point. I've never seen a henny except photos.

He is a 2 month bacon warhorse, I have a pair of Jeremy Hamlin asils they are a month old and a half but I can tell one is a stag and the other a pullet, but with the warhorse is hard to tell at least for me

What is it? How old? Looks like a stag. Sometimes you can check the saddle area. Pull all the feathers back and look for male feathers growing in. Check every day. You can tell a lot faster this way with some.

Last edited:
He is a 2 month bacon warhorse, I have a pair of Jeremy Hamlin asils they are a month old and a half but I can tell one is a stag and the other a pullet, but with the warhorse is hard to tell at least for me
Black gamefowl (and white gamefowl) are hard to sex for me too. I know the bbr like the back of my hand, but solid color birds dont have indication of sex until saddle feathers (sometime hackle feathers) start coming in.

But you can tell from other traits, size and behavior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom