Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I go to bass pro it's a little high (not cabellas high). It's a one stop shop for me. The mom and pop bait shops are too expensive. They're on the way to the launches and very convenient. They have all the ice and everything everyone needs, live shrimp etc.

There's a place round here you'd Prolly like

Gotta make a trip down there.

Yeah solid colors are hard to tell I have some blue mugs about the same age they all look the same I have one that is a little bigger so Im thinking he is a stag but who knows... my brood cock is black so are my hens they don't have a single feather of a different color I'm guesssing next month I will know for sure what they are

Black gamefowl (and white gamefowl) are hard to sex for me too. I know the bbr like the back of my hand, but solid color birds dont have indication of sex until saddle feathers (sometime hackle feathers) start coming in.

But you can tell from other traits,  size and behavior.

Just in case anybody cares. Imo these a are the best hooks.

I don't fool with all the eagle claw, Berkeley etc.. junk. I only use Gamakatsu hooks for bass flies, and spin fishing. If I miss a hookset it was my fault not the hook.
@flypen what's your preference with hooks?

I use trokar, owner, and gamakatsu. It mainly depends on the type of bait I'm using. Trokar is one of my favorites.

We caught 13 over 18", and 12 slot fish. We actually had a awesome day with the best 5 weighing 22.26 for second place. Largest one boated 6.56lbs.

We caught 13 over 18", and 12 slot fish. We actually had a awesome day with the best 5 weighing 22.26 for second place. Largest one boated 6.56lbs.
Awesome! Sounds like a great day. I guess I'll have to give the Trokar hooks a try then. I've had such bad luck with everything eagle claw. Mostly fly hooks though. Spend all that time tying flies and the d*mn hook fails. I only tie bigger stuff on gamakatsu and a few I'll tie on owners. Couldn't tell you how many times I've bled all over the place tying on gamakatsu hooks, they go in fast before you know it bleeding all over.

Awesome! Sounds like a great day. I guess I'll have to give the Trokar hooks a try then. I've had such bad luck with everything eagle claw. Mostly fly hooks though. Spend all that time tying flies and the d*mn hook fails. I only tie bigger stuff on gamakatsu and a few I'll tie on owners. Couldn't tell you how many times I've bled all over the place tying on gamakatsu hooks, they go in fast before you know it bleeding all over.

The trokar hooks are a lot easier to set. Don't get me wrong I love the gamakatsu hooks to.

Ahh the ol left the straw outside deal huh. I've done that a few times. Can't leave it out even if it's nice now. The birds that are loose will scratch it all over the yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom