Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3751.JPG

Gotta love this time of year and woodpiles. Even the babies eyes on it's back were shining in the headlamp.

I finally asked my dad how long it was going to take before these games looked like roosters again instead scraggly pincushions. He says they should be done molting by November or December. Omg. They started last month. Lol. I'm not used to that. My boys still have no big tail feathers. I've been feeding them extra higher protein food, to help them finish molting faster. Instead they have just gotten fat. They have gained considerable weight, enough I noticed immediately when catching them.

I finally asked my dad how long it was going to take before these games looked like roosters again instead scraggly pincushions. He says they should be done molting by November or December. Omg. They started last month. Lol. I'm not used to that. My boys still have no big tail feathers. I've been feeding them extra higher protein food, to help them finish molting faster. Instead they have just gotten fat. They have gained considerable weight, enough I noticed immediately when catching them.
Show a picture of what they look like now. Include estimates of current weight and what it was before feed switch. You may, or may not, have a problem.

Mine started late but and are all done alls my roo lacks is some of his long feathers on his tail as their tails molt last and to get those back long and pretty will take awhile anyway. Other than that most should be done molting by now. My guys were on a mixture of feather fixer, corn, boss a few months before they started it seems to help the process in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom