Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havoc if u want feathers for fly ties let me know
Thanks but right now I don’t really need anything. I tie flies for a guy in Alaska. In return he sends me plenty of Ruffed grouse, spruce grouse and ptarmigan skins. Other than that I mainly use chicken feathers. I have plenty of assorted quail, pheasant, partridge skins still. Plus I still have a few genetic birds for fly tying.

20171220_185239.jpg

Harold brown grey

I'll do em like some of my ancestors nothing but flint or the like.

I'm sure I'd get real far.
I don’t mess around with that but I make char cloth, charred wood to easily make a fire wherever you are with a fresnal lense, or a Firesteel. The carbon knives are usually good for scraping the ferro rod to ignite the charred material. Takes a split second. Just take a mill bastard file and square off the spine of your knife so it will scratch your finger nail.
Plenty of info on the web.
Something to do if you get bored. Take an altoids tin or any other metal container and fill it with old jean or t shirt material (rotten wood works best) and throw it in a fire for about 20 minutes. Take it out, let it cool and you’ll have charred material that will ignite easily from a spark, or sunlight through a small magnifying glass. Exciting stuff I know. Lol
On that mora you could use the file or just run the spine back and forth on a 60 grit sandpaper and it will throw sparks from ferro rod pretty good.

I don’t mess around with that but I make char cloth, charred wood to easily make a fire wherever you are with a fresnal lense, or a Firesteel. The carbon knives are usually good for scraping the ferro rod to ignite the charred material. Takes a split second. Just take a mill bastard file and square off the spine of your knife so it will scratch your finger nail.
Plenty of info on the web.
Something to do if you get bored. Take an altoids tin or any other metal container and fill it with old jean or t shirt material (rotten wood works best) and throw it in a fire for about 20 minutes. Take it out, let it cool and you’ll have charred material that will ignite easily from a spark, or sunlight through a small magnifying glass. Exciting stuff I know. Lol
On that mora you could use the file or just run the spine back and forth on a 60 grit sandpaper and it will throw sparks from ferro rod pretty good.

Yeah I read the HD was best for the Ferro rod due to its thicker spine, also has a 3/4 tang and can with stand abuse pretty well it'll probably become my outdoors/hunting knife that's the main reason I got it anyhow that and though it's not wood handled and "pretty" the rubber handle is functional I think keeping a grip on it will be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom