Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of dogs running loose here, a good dozen I know of within a 1/2 mile radius. I have never been anywhere that had such a chronic problem with dogs. My dogs and I have already bumped off a few now.

Seems like a no win situation. Other than talking to the neighbors not sure what you can really do. I know if it was me I would only give them one free pass and make sure they understood I was serious.

I have spoken to dog owners before. Most of the time it has not worked with a a couple instances resulting in me being accused of dispatching a dog when I did not. Another neighbor did dispatching, but kept mouth closed except with me. The dog owners have established a pattern of dog ownership long before it started to impact me, and that pattern they generally do not like to change as it is an imposition on their rights. Replacement dogs also come very cheap in these parts. The poodles might be an exception to that.

The way I see it is any little kid or dumbass adult could accidentally let a dog out. I would still let them know there is a problem just so they are aware. If they don’t make corrections or prevent the dogs from running loose then animals go missing all the time. “Coyotes must have got em, been hearing them a lot lately” lol

I had a problem with neighbors 2 dogs coming onto my property so I went by their house and told them if their dogs came onto my property again they wouldn't make it off and they have not been back. The whole family I told kids and all they were all outside at the time

I got poodles coming on me while out of town. I mean poodles as in the dorky looking bird dogs. They took five of my eight free-range doms and tore up a pen to take two Kentucky dom cross pullets.

Not going to church tomorrow so I can show them religion with a rifle. Feeling like a bastard so may leave dogs on owners porch with a note.
Sorry to hear that.

Looking through the forums and this thread has been really helpful but I'm still wondering how do people find out what the breeds and strains of specific gamefowl are supposed to look and act like? Is there a common resource?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom