Show Off Your Chickens

Peepsicle

Songster
7 Years
Aug 16, 2012
Cali
I had a thread similar to this, but i wanted to start another one! Share all your fav. pics of your chickens, cause this is the place you can brag and show off and no one will judge, just admire!

My new girls!!! From left to right: Judy (Black/Jersey Giant), Chanel (Blue Wyandotte), Lana, named after Lana Del Rey (Brown Red Ameraucana), and Patrick, named after Patrick Stump, lead singer of Fall Out Boy (Speckled Sussex)

One of my older girls: Peep (Rhode Island Red)

My other older girl: Sunny (Buff Orpington)

Everybody show me your chickens!!!

Adorable
love.gif

Soooo we don't know what Nutmeg aka Nutters is. She is a SUPER chicken! When she was a day old we got Nutmeg, Sale & Pepper. We put them in the pen and our yellow lab puppy dug a hole and they got out not 2 hours later. :( The next day, we found the bodies of Salt & Pepper but no Nutmeg. The NEXT day, Michelle was going crazy in her pen and I went out and there was NUTMEG!!! How that chick survived two nights "in the wild" at two days old I'll never know. She's a survivor. Since that time, she has been picked up and dropped by a hawk into the "dog zone" and hid under a Tupperware under the deck. She started roosting in trees last summer and would get SO high the ladder wouldn't reach her and we had to climb! As she has gotten a little bigger, Moose (our bird dog) doesn't try to eat her anymore. I did, however, witness a game of "Red Light, Green Light" in our backyard a few weeks ago. Michelle bee lined it back to the "dog free" zone and Nutters ran and when Moose would look, she froze. When he turned and look the other way, she took off! She's a smart little thing! She has JUST started laying eggs and she is laying a whopping TWO eggs a day. If anyone knows what she is...let me know. A mix I believe. <3

Nutters with my daughter.

Soooo we don't know what Nutmeg aka Nutters is. She is a SUPER chicken! When she was a day old we got Nutmeg, Sale & Pepper. We put them in the pen and our yellow lab puppy dug a hole and they got out not 2 hours later. :( The next day, we found the bodies of Salt & Pepper but no Nutmeg. The NEXT day, Michelle was going crazy in her pen and I went out and there was NUTMEG!!! How that chick survived two nights "in the wild" at two days old I'll never know. She's a survivor. Since that time, she has been picked up and dropped by a hawk into the "dog zone" and hid under a Tupperware under the deck. She started roosting in trees last summer and would get SO high the ladder wouldn't reach her and we had to climb! As she has gotten a little bigger, Moose (our bird dog) doesn't try to eat her anymore. I did, however, witness a game of "Red Light, Green Light" in our backyard a few weeks ago. Michelle bee lined it back to the "dog free" zone and Nutters ran and when Moose would look, she froze. When he turned and look the other way, she took off! She's a smart little thing! She has JUST started laying eggs and she is laying a whopping TWO eggs a day. If anyone knows what she is...let me know. A mix I believe. <3

Nutters with my daughter.

This is "Lil Scotch" (also known as butterscotch) shes a buff orpington.
and heres a "Family photo" with a few of my birds :)
and here is old cinnamon. Shes a 9 yr old Rhode Island Red. She still lays eggs onlynin spring about twice a week. Shes a good old lady!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom