Show Off Your Chickens

Aww those are adorable! I too am getting some new babies in a month or two! Can't wait!
heres a few of them from last spring
263a.png

My new flock! Silkies! I had a lot of chickens throughout my life but the past two years we moved to town for a while before we found a farm house and I finally got chickens again! I got the eggs from a farm outside of Fargo and they finally hatched yesterday! I did have $100 of exotic egg breeds I got from mcmurrays but my little brother thought he just had to crank up the heat to 125 so ya they basically fried. After that I thought I'd just buy from a breeder cause they weren't as near as expensive and I really wanted silkies again so happy to be back in business!

Aw theyre adorable! I had 3 silkies, 2 buffs and a black. First, Miss Silkie didnt show up in the coop that night. I looked for her and found her sitting in the garage in a bucket full of sand sitting on an egg. I thought she was just broody again, so i picked her up and put her by the waterer for one last drink b4 bedtime. Then i realized-That puffed up appearence and that sleepish look...I knew what that meant-she was ill! I was scared, but put her back in her coop that night...the next morning...she was dead!
1f62d.png
A few months later Fluffy, the black silkie, went missing...then..that pile of feathers no bird owner wants to see. She had been taken by a hawk. Almost a yr later, the last silkie, just died! So thats what happened to my silkies lol. But I love the really fluffy white ones!

Ok I don't know what to post on so I'm just gonna post on this. two of the baby silkies I just hatched have been limping around and not stepping on their right feet and I'm really starting to worry. All the other ones are completely healthy but these ones can hardly walk. What should I do?

well first go to emergency threads, that'd be a better place to look for advice. I had a problem kind of like this but it was one full grown chicken so idk. Start a thread in the emergencies/diseases/injuries/cures forum- you can get help there

Ok I don't know what to post on so I'm just gonna post on this. two of the baby silkies I just hatched have been limping around and not stepping on their right feet and I'm really starting to worry. All the other ones are completely healthy but these ones can hardly walk. What should I do?

If there is no larger chickens that could be picking on them I would look over their environment to see if there is something that could be causing the chicks to hurt their legs. Separating them from the other chicks might help. I assume you have checked out their feet and have found nothing wrong. Were the feet OK to begin with? If they hatched this way there may be nothing you can do. Good luck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom