Show Off Your Games!

It’s been sunny here. With a thunderstorm every couple of hours. I’ve been on a clean up project in the yard. I’ve got to get three pens out of the pasture and try to straighten them up enough to use. There’s 16 pens that were damaged. I’d like to get a dozen of those back useable. Removing big trees is a job. I don’t have the equipment to load the stumps and root balls. I’m looking to hire local people with logging equipment. Got a couple of young guys coming in the morning. I’m paying them each $15 an hour hoping to get good help out of them. Lots to be done.

This older cock only adult male with a tail. Over last couple days his tail feathers started to fray. Spots in hackles (eclipse molt) forming nice pattern that does not show up well using my camera. Breeding hackles are already coming in. He had a bad date with come raccoons a month or so ago.
IMG_2020-08-31_19-04-09.jpeg

In second image he is spying a Great-horned Owl we see most evenings in a tree not more than 75 yards away
IMG_2020-08-31_19-09-18.jpeg

Mostly random stuff with new camera.

School of black crappie where none in focus. Makes for good wallpaper.
GOPR5689.JPG

Spotted x Largemouth Bass hybrids.
GOPR5697.JPG

Chick that will be bred because she has odd color. She has been real tough so far too.
GP__0194.JPG

Dog watching over chicks at a feed bowl just before she sprints after something over the hill.
GP__0202.JPG

Funny colored hen we call Maple.
GP__0213.JPG

Optical illusion.
GP__0223.JPG

Pullet not exactly welcome at feed bowl.
GP__0271.JPG

A few Bluegill.
IMG_1484.JPG

I am learning more camera functions. Got pups out with chickens penned. Pups not got at standing for camera. They also picked up a lot of seed with their summer coats. The pups doing a great job patrolling where fox visits. Fox not visiting much.
GOPR5901.JPG
GOPR5906.JPG
GOPR5927.JPG
GOPR5933.JPG

We are starting to get persimmons and the chickens not already going into woods are really partial to them. Those going to woods already getting their fill. This going woods like the sunflower seeds above all out when I put out the incomplete mix about an hour before dark. We had a lot of drama this evening as groups of juveniles came in to get their fill. Trouble was with groups of similar power status as they tended to get into rumbles.
GOPR5943.JPG
GOPR5947.JPG

If dogs not out, the rabbits come out and eat among chickens. Adult female English Shepherd runs right through clumps of chickens to run rabbit off then turns around to sit with chickens as they keep eating without batting an eye.

Back
Top Bottom