Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
I bet if you had gotten closer , she would have tried to flog the "stew" out of you!! LOL

Probably lol, But i don't know.. She was never really agressive.. last hatch i walked right up to her, even picked up some of her chicks.. guess i'll find out soon since i plan to pen her.. i'll get better photos then.

Quote:
I bet if you had gotten closer , she would have tried to flog the "stew" out of you!! LOL

Probably lol, But i don't know.. She was never really agressive.. last hatch i walked right up to her, even picked up some of her chicks.. guess i'll find out soon since i plan to pen her.. i'll get better photos then.

I've got a hen setting too and I was afraid she would flog me , but she never moved a muscle and never tried to peck me or anything. But then again- I've had some that went from head to toe on me!! LOL We used to put other kids up to petting the baby chicks when I was growing up. Then we'd kill ourselves laughing when the hen flogged them. LOL Didn't have video games back then had to have something to do!! I've got two hens setting on some of my game eggs - Keep your fingers crossed!!

White Kelso/grey hen that hatched on mothers day.. 8 chicks, 6 whites (one with a touch of brown on its neck) and 2 wheatens.. Father is the shelton roundhead/morgan whitehackle.

DCP_0035.jpg
before i caught her..

After-
DCP_0037.jpg
DCP_0036.jpg

Last time my hen hatched off she raised all 13 of her chicks.. Was about the only hen that made it too since we had bad hawk problems at the time.

and cwc.. she actually was not mean at all, i caught her in broad daylight, with a net.. Which can make some pretty aggitated.. And held her for 2-3 minutes, all she did was just act worried and want down to her chicks. never bit me or anything, then i reached around in her pen.. nothing.

Quote:
Love the pics- I like to sit and watch my hens when they have chicks. I've got a chair in the chicken yard and just sit and watch all my chickens run around. Lol Some people look at aquariums but I sit and watch my chickens.

Quote:
Love the pics- I like to sit and watch my hens when they have chicks. I've got a chair in the chicken yard and just sit and watch all my chickens run around. Lol Some people look at aquariums but I sit and watch my chickens.

same
wink.png

Quote:
I got a hen the other day that looks a lot like this hen. Also I had five chicks hatch off the other day . I don't know which chicks belong to which hens though as they of course are not feathered yet. I can't wait!! My first chicks I hatched myself this year!! Well the hen hatched them- I was just there!! LOL
lau.gif

Quote:
I got a hen the other day that looks a lot like this hen. Also I had five chicks hatch off the other day . I don't know which chicks belong to which hens though as they of course are not feathered yet. I can't wait!! My first chicks I hatched myself this year!! Well the hen hatched them- I was just there!! LOL
lau.gif

ohh congrats
wink.png
.. my chicks are starting to feather out pretty well now, i can tell what some of them are.. others are still a mystery. i know for sure 2 of the white ones are stags (cockerels).. they stand straight up, tail held up, comb turning red.. and they're the most hyper/curious of the bunch.. sometimes they act like they want to crow. can't wait to see em in a few months when they're fair size
wink.png

I'll update photos when i can tell exactly what they are.. The wheatens are filling out to be spangle's.

-Daniel

Back
Top Bottom