Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
Hey Thanks for the link, it was really interesting to read. The pics of the other varieties were quite nice too, especially the wheaton pyles. I happen to have a muffed american gamehen who is silver wheaton just like the cubalaya in the one pic also.

My thoughts is that this pair and the other were ones that didn't make the final cut for breeding this year by whomever was working on them. Both pairs were pretty evenly matched, in fact it came down to the number of spurs that I made my final deciscion. This male is 3 & 3 while the other was only a 1 & 2. Unfortunately I don't know who bred them, I do know a guy in northern Iowa several years ago had some good looking, but small Cubalaya largefowl he was selling.

It'll be interesting to see the pics you take when you take them.
smile.png

Vcomb - I sent you an email so we don't have to clutter up the thread with cubalaya stuff.
big_smile.png
I will get photos this weekend.

You're welcome, by the way.
smile.png
I enjoy sharing info I've found on the cubalaya, since there's not a lot out there.

He has very very dark green legs That are almost a black looking color. The Mclean and Blue Face Hatch I used to raise had the same color legs but I don't have any of those bloodlines anymore. I sure wished I did those Cause those birds was sure something to look at.

Quote:
My rooster's legs are very dark but not quite black looking so they may be a dark green color too. I'm a little color blind on darker colors . I can very barely tell the difference between navy blue and black. He sure is a purdy rooster. I'm really happy with mine , even though right now he looks pretty pitiful since it's been raining here for several days!! LOL

Quote:
My rooster's legs are very dark but not quite black looking so they may be a dark green color too. I'm a little color blind on darker colors . I can very barely tell the difference between navy blue and black. He sure is a purdy rooster. I'm really happy with mine , even though right now he looks pretty pitiful since it's been raining here for several days!! LOL

Thats the same way with here it has been raining for the lsat two weeks its seems like and I've been trying to get new pens uilt in between rain showers. So mines feathers was getting a little rough looking too but I finally got there new pens done and they seem to be happy with them.

Heya JRT, I wanna know how you got that hatch to stay on your hand. They're notoriously high strung for games. If I took my hands off mine, he'd be gone in a heartbeat and I'd be playin' catch the chicken!

Back
Top Bottom