Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
Can't really say about orientals, but American Games red eyes are usually preferred.

Some people also see this as a sign of good heath(fiery red eyes).

Quote:
That really sucks! A raccoon pulled one of my stags through the chicken wire by the wing. I was so mad.
I had to put him down, he wouldn't have been able to pull through. Since then I had to predator proof
my pens. All is fine now but I still want those pests gone. I know how you feel.

Quote:
Can't really say about orientals, but American Games red eyes are usually preferred.

Some lines / stains have nearly black eyes. In those that are supposed to have red eyes, I like to see orange-red rather than brownish-red.

Quote:

Some lines / stains have nearly black eyes. In those that are supposed to have red eyes, I like to see orange-red rather than brownish-red.

Yes, some dark American Games have nearly black eyes. I've had some that were like a brownish/blackish/olivish color. Alot of this color comes from dark or black influence which can be heavy
in oriental blood. I agree that for red eye colored fowl, orange-red color is better than brownish red.

Quote:

Yes, some dark American Games have nearly black eyes. I've had some that were like a brownish/blackish/olivish color. Alot of this color comes from dark or black influence which can be heavy
in oriental blood. I agree that for red eye colored fowl, orange-red color is better than brownish red.

At least one variant in eye color does not involve dark coloration of feathers and skin.

Hen below is female version of black breasted brown-red.

41527_eye_color_dark_american_game_hen_sallie.jpg

Quote:
I typed with dog chewing arm. Example is black breasted red hen. I also have some version of brown breasted brown-red. Hens of both color-types exhibit the dark eye-color, and both can be without out it. Red quill pattern I used to have was also associated with dark eyes and that was due to birds being black under the quill / autosomal barring pattern. Suggest to be two loci can influence eye color pattern via different routes.

Same hen from a distance.

41527_sallie_molt_lateral_2011_september_12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom