Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
May not be the best pic, but sure does show the form of that stag.
thumbsup.gif

AMERICAN GAME PULLETS 2011 SHOWING WHAT APPEARS TO BE AUTOSOMAL BARRING

Following images are two pullets raised this year that appear to carry the pattern / autosomal barring allele that appears to be part of what is needed to produce the red quill color pattern. Red quill I think will be thrown if either pullet is bred to any male carrying the extended black allele (black "Syd Taylor" or "War Horse" would do). Would not take much work to get red quill to breed true therafter.

Lighter colored morph. Weight 1214 g
41527_american_game_buff_quill_blue_238_lateral_2011_november_21.jpg

41527_american_game_buff_quill_blue_238_dorsal_2011_november_21.jpg

41527_american_game_buff_quill_blue_238_2011_november_21.jpg

Redder morph with another allele giving the rusty look. Weight 1240 g
41527_american_game_buff_quill_blue_267_lateral_2011_november_21.jpg

41527_american_game_buff_quill_blue_267_dorsal_2011_november_21.jpg

Closeup showing barring pattern on secondaries that is always evident in these birds when extended black not interacting.
41527_american_game_buff_quill_blue_267_secondaries_2011_november_21.jpg

Very difficult to get natural stance when birds are trying to stand on slick tub.

Here is a cockerel from my line of games I am working on - it has been raining here so his tail is kind of beat up, but I am happy with progress so far, he has many of the traits I am looking for.

112285_imga0760.jpg

Dear santa for this christmas I would like a trio of gallos peruanos.
you are welcome to take all my flock in exchange.
clap.gif

This is one of my project birds. I don't know what he is exactly, and too heavy in body leading me to believe not 100% pure game, but his color is what I like. I am crossing him with a black largefowl Modern hen and a birchen largefowl Modern pullet to see what genes I can pull back and forth. My first babies will most likely be all blacks, but the second generations are what I want to have around to experiment with. (He was dubbed about four days before this picture, I was afraid his large wattles were going to get frost bitten if I didn't get around to it.)

PB160165.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom