Show Off Your Games!

Hi! I noticed there are no BYC Reviews for Old English Game large fowl. I am planning on making one, but need a picture or two (or more). Does anybody have any pictures they'd be willing to let me use (you would get credit), or does anybody want to make the review themselves?
Unless it’s a rooster rescue or perhaps one OEG rooster with a flock of standard pullets and hens, most people probably won’t want to review this breed on a US site because of prohibitions about the instincts of the males.

Old English are beautiful and very interesting chickens but require some special housing unless you want a feral flock.

The hens are the BEST broody Mama’s. Best in the Old Tyme business. They are wonderful mothers to baby Barred Rocks or Orpingtons or any heavy dual-purpose breed.

They are more weather-resistant and better at brooding baby chicks even than Silkies.

The only reasons that I have a breeding chicken flock are that we built secure housing in late 2019 and we brought in a couple of little Spanish Game hens.

I have gone from around 10 to around 40 chickens since then...all during quarantine.... with more on the way.....

Last edited:
Old English dont have any gameness in them anymore. I can tell you actually do not have any experience with them
We have dunghills right now but are working on that issue. That needs at least 5 generations IMHO.

As with dual-purpose birds, it’s an issue of breeding a number and selecting.

Am keeping records and building coops....

No matter. The few Spanish we have are improving our backyard chickens for broodiness.

This is in Latin America BTW.

Last edited:
Really wet day.
IMG_2020-07-29_18-44-40.jpeg

Eclipse molt making bullstag have skinny neck. He will loose all the long white feathers to be replaced by short black tipped feathers for a couple months. Tail starting to drop feathers.
IMG_2020-07-29_18-56-37.jpeg

What are you looking at dude?
IMG_2020-07-29_19-15-23.jpeg

New kids in the box staying dry.
IMG_2020-07-29_19-06-22.jpeg

Getting back to roost was difficult even for hen. Everybody wet so could not fly. Too much time in wet high grass after bugs.
IMG_2020-07-29_20-12-40.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom