Show off your house ducks!

It's way safer for drakes than it is for hens, and not that invasive at all. It's basically an endoscopic procedure. I dunno if it's help Kaine much, but it could curb his aggression, even by a tiny margin. Just as long as you're okay knowing that you won't ever be hatching any fluffy butts.

Oh NO, no hatching... If we ever decide we NEED another duck 3 day old sexed ducks only. 2 Drakes is enough forever!!!
tongue.png

Oh NO, no hatching... If we ever decide we NEED another duck 3 day old sexed ducks only. 2 Drakes is enough forever!!!
tongue.png

If you have a really good avian vet, then I'd ask them about it. Mine worked with the man who helped pioneer the procedure here in WA state, she's had her practice for 30 years and specializes in barn fowl, so I trust her completely. So that's a factor in deciding too, I think, if they don't often work with ducks.

Honestly, even if Bean and Wobs mate, I think I'm only gonna allow them to lay for one season before he gets the snip. Enough to give eggs to the people I know want miniwobs, then done.

If you have a really good avian vet, then I'd ask them about it. Mine worked with the man who helped pioneer the procedure here in WA state, she's had her practice for 30 years and specializes in barn fowl, so I trust her completely. So that's a factor in deciding too, I think, if they don't often work with ducks.

Honestly, even if Bean and Wobs mate, I think I'm only gonna allow them to lay for one season before he gets the snip. Enough to give eggs to the people I know want miniwobs, then done.

You're gonna change your mind about that.
lau.gif

Thanks! We'll see how he is next spring. We may come out and use your vet if we decide to go that way.

For the record, watching Wobbles try to dabble in the bathtub is utterly hilarious. He sucks so bad at it! I'll try to get a video next bathtime :p

For the record, watching Wobbles try to dabble in the bathtub is utterly hilarious. He sucks so bad at it! I'll try to get a video next bathtime :p
LOL! We need to enroll Wobbles & Tevye in: Being a Drake 101. Kaine could teach the class (I would have to get him a drill instructor's hat). He would teach 150% so if Tevye and Wobbles absorbed 50% that would put them at around 75% which would be perfect.
tongue.png

Addendum: I am just picturing the short cute kid and the tall goofy kid and the DI, "Did your mama sit on your eggs for 28 days just to tick me off?"
lau.gif

Addendum to addendum: Couldn't resist... This was done for speed not quality, so snip, snip.

Last edited:
LOL! We need to enroll Wobbles & Tevye in: Being a Drake 101. Kaine could teach the class (I would have to get him a drill instructor's hat). He would teach 150% so if Tevye and Wobbles absorbed 50% that would put them at around 75% which would be perfect.
tongue.png

Addendum: I am just picturing the short cute kid and the tall goofy kid and the DI, "Did your mama sit on your eggs for 28 days just to tick me off?"
lau.gif

Addendum to addendum: Couldn't resist... This was done for speed not quality, so snip, snip.

That....that may be the single greatest thing I have ever seen.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom