Show off your house ducks!

I wish you guys could see Wobbles and Bean flirting with one another! They walk in tight circles, she's squawking away and he bobs his head like his life depended on it! I think the circle thing is cuz she's still too young to submit to him so they get caught in a sort of feedback loop.

We could... It is called a movie, or a video clip... Modern magic that gets moving pictures from there to here
lau.gif
hide.gif

I wish you guys could see Wobbles and Bean flirting with one another! They walk in tight circles, she's squawking away and he bobs his head like his life depended on it! I think the circle thing is cuz she's still too young to submit to him so they get caught in a sort of feedback loop.
That is cute. I have to leave now and come up there to kiss them.

My Drake is waiting on his diaper to arrive, then be will be an officisl house duck I love him, as soft as can be. Do you guys bathe them? I know it will take off his natural oils but he is a little stinky? What are my options?

My Drake is waiting on his diaper to arrive, then be will be an officisl house duck I love him, as soft as can be. Do you guys bathe them? I know it will take off his natural oils but he is a little stinky? What are my options?

I'm going to ask a crazy question. Can you describe the smell at all? Ducks, like cats, typically don't have much of a smell that you can detect unless you bury your nose in their feathers/fur, and even then it's not an offensive smell.

Ducks rarely need bathing by humans. They look after themselves as long as they have bathing water. I do sometimes clean the feet, legs and bills of the babies I'm brooding indoors since that's where you'll most often get an offensive smell, but I don't bathe them in soap/shampoo or anything like that.

I'm going to ask a crazy question. Can you describe the smell at all? Ducks, like cats, typically don't have much of a smell that you can detect unless you bury your nose in their feathers/fur, and even then it's not an offensive smell.

Ducks rarely need bathing by humans. They look after themselves as long as they have bathing water. I do sometimes clean the feet, legs and bills of the babies I'm brooding indoors since that's where you'll most often get an offensive smell, but I don't bathe them in soap/shampoo or anything like that.

Yeah, I second this. I actually really love duck smell! It's like an odd combo of dryer lint and baby scalp. I love to smell them every time I pick one up, seems I can't get enough duck sniffin', LOL!

The only smell they get is on their bums after a day of diapering. So they get a daily bath and it clears right up.

Back
Top Bottom