Show off your mutts!!!

68426_chicks_143.jpg

Here is Zip, a Serama/Cochin cross hen. She was only a 13oz bird.

68426_chicks_001.jpg

Zip as a Chick.

68426_chicks_066.jpg

Here's a whole batch of little mutts. mostly my Legacy of Peepers line, which are Seabright crosses all descended from the original Peepers in my Avatar. I'm now on generation 5. Some have rose combs, some have single, some have pea combs. Some have blue legs, some have yellow. And they come in all sorts of color varieties. I love variation and surprise in a flock of mutts!

By breeding mutts you sure learn a lot about dominant and recessive traits!
lol.png

Quote:
Those are the wackiest birds I have ever seen. I really love them!

Thanks. They were raised together and you'd think that being roos they'd fight, but they don't. On Thanksgiving one of them became the proud papa of a showgirl chick. It has black skin, 5 toes on both feet and a small crest. It's busff-ish so I'm guessing the buff one was the papa and a buff silkie hen the mama.

Quote:
I have a jack that looks like jack!! he's molting and been hen pecked a bit! lol he kinda deserves it. He just LOVES the ladies!
roll.png
I think they are like "ewwwww go away"
smack.gif

I have a very weird mutt... I have no idea at all what she is... And I know she looks a bit roo-ish, but she is 6 months old, hasn't crowed, hasn't gotten much of a comb... But then again, maybe she is a he, and is just weird too... As I said, I have no idea....

102729_nov10_006.jpg

and this is her at about 4 months...

102729_what.jpg

I originally named her "What"... She's since been changed to Nimeria.

Nope. But then again, no eggs yet from her brood mates either that are the same age. Her comb is turning red though, not really getting any bigger, and her wattles are still very small. She/he is just an oddity. I have posted about her before, and no one has any guesses as to what she is a combo of. I know she's got cochin... she's got feathers down the outside of the legs... the legs are green... She doesn't really talk at all... I dunno... Maybe she's a heshe... lol. BUT, she has not tried mounting any of the girls and when Oscar tries to mount her, well he mounts anything really, she will kick his butt. She doesn't show any roo-ish tendancies, and she is older than Oscar and Roger, and those two are right around 6 months.

Just a note, I did not hatch her. I got her for free from a woman who didn't want cochin mutts in her flock. She didn't know what she was either other than to say she thought she was one ugly chicken. I think she's very awesome. Just have no clue as to what she is.

Back
Top Bottom