Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

1 week old white naked neck silkies. Is there anything cuter? They make me so happy :)

No they can't fly. I occasionally have one that likes to jump up to a 3 foot high roost but that's the highest they would usually go. Most won't even cross a 3 foot fence but hawks get them so best to do a higher fence with cover anyway unless you have good dog protection.

Hi everyone! I had never even heard of showgirls until, a week ago I went to go pick up some ameraucanas I had bought from a lady on craigslist and she offered me a hen for $5. It was so fluflly and adorable I could resist! My daughter had been talking about wanting a silkie for quite awhile now so I figured she would do just nicely. I realize now i have no idea how old she is or where she is from. I think she may have an extra toe? I might try and get a photo of her feet later...but anywho, here's a photo of her sweet little face!

Hi everyone! I had never even heard of showgirls until, a week ago I went to go pick up some ameraucanas I had bought from a lady on craigslist and she offered me a hen for $5. It was so fluflly and adorable I could resist! My daughter had been talking about wanting a silkie for quite awhile now so I figured she would do just nicely. I realize now i have no idea how old she is or where she is from. I think she may have an extra toe? I might try and get a photo of her feet later...but anywho, here's a photo of her sweet little face!

Gorgeous! I can't wait to get some showgirls. The fifth toe is from the silkies. I find their feet along with the dorkings attriguing.

Back
Top Bottom