Sick Peacock, please help!

Note that I had negative fecals on two that had blackhead confirmed by necropsy, so blackhead cannot be ruled out by having a negative fecal.

The amounts in post #23 were based on a pea weighing 3kg (6.6 pounds). All meds were given, and the hen recovered.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/846873/please-help-with-sick-peacock/530#post_16437415

-Kathy

Thank you so much Kathy, as I have took a lot of your time today. I am so very gracious.

I hope he makes it until tomorrow so I can get some poo and get a test completed. (I will keep your notes in mind during learning results of negative on blackhead) His poo is a bright yellow with little white. He is not feeling well. I am going to give all the meds I have on hand together this evening in hopes it will help as I have given separate times of my process. Any other information you may want to feed me, please do at any time. Thanks again, Wendy

Quote: On many occasions this year I have given metronidazole, Safeguard, Baytril, and Corid, all at the same time, but I also provide supportive care. They are kept inside where I can control their cage temp and keep them out of the wind. Knowing how much he weighs is so important, and I cannot emphasize enough how important fluids are.

-Kathy

On many occasions this year I have given metronidazole, Safeguard, Baytril, and Corid, all at the same time, but I also provide supportive care. They are kept inside where I can control their cage temp and keep them out of the wind. Knowing how much he weighs is so important, and I cannot emphasize enough how important fluids are.

-Kathy

I felt his craw and he feels like he has fluid (not a lot a small fist amount) maybe from what I fed this morning. I seen him drinking a bit earlier, maybe that is why. How can I tell he has enough, by his craw? I don't have the Baytril but will get from vet tomorrow. Corid - do I get that from my vet?

Kathy,

Would you suggest to continue with what I have as a antibiotic (Sulfamethoxazole TMP SUSP) As this medicine is not in your suggested medicine regimen. Also, can you give at same time as others?

Thank you Kathy as you were very helpful, but my Prettyboy George did not make it. He passed this morning. I am very frustrated with myself as if I were more educated about sickness I feel I could had been more successful.

Back
Top Bottom