Sick Peacock, please help!

On the question of "How much Safeguard given" I was giving through Syringe of .07ml approximately.
He is drinking water and electrolytes often and also when I give him medicine, I give him a small amount approximate 6 to 9ml of water or electrolytes.
He is pecking at food but not eating much, so I fixed him a mixture of blueberry's, kale and can cat food in my juicer and fed him some, but not a whole lot. Approx. 33ml.
0.07 ml or 0.7 ml?

If he were mine I would give 150-200 ml of fluids subcutaneously *and* 60-90 ml of fluids orally.

-Kathy

I thought some photos of him might be helpful
He looks very sick.
sad.png

-Kathy

Here is a picture that @KsKingBee posted:

I have modified it to remove all personal information. Note that this works for paste or liquid because 1 ml of paste = 1 ml of liquid, both have 100 mg fenbendazole.

-Kathy

Yes Kathy, he is very sick. He has always been strong minded, bossy and the king of my yard and now he is weak and existing.
Thank you for the heads up on the liquid intake as I am watching his every move just about. I will try to get more fluids in him.
How long do you think I should give the Metronidazole to show some results before I get concerned?

I just noticed a difference in my Safe-guard than the one you posted. Mine is made by Equine/Dewormer/ 25gram Paste 10% (100mg/g) Merck Animal Health is the maker. It reads a lot about horses. Is there a difference in Goat kind and horse kind? This is the product Southern States suggested I get due to other people with peafowl purchasing for their peafowl.

I just noticed a difference in my Safe-guard than the one you posted. Mine is made by Equine/Dewormer/ 25gram Paste 10% (100mg/g) Merck Animal Health is the maker. It reads a lot about horses. Is there a difference in Goat kind and horse kind? This is the product Southern States suggested I get due to other people with peafowl purchasing for their peafowl.
The 25 gram tube has 25 ml of paste, and each one ml has 100 mg.

Five tubes of paste = one 125 ml bottle of the liquid. Make sense?

the liquids and pastes can be used to treat any bird, reptile or mammal, one just has to know how much their animal weighs and the number of mg per pound needed to treat that species. Goats, cows, and horses get 0.0227 mg per pound, but dogs, cats, and poultry get 10x that amount (0.227 mg per pound).

Does that make sense?

-Kathy

Yes Kathy, he is very sick. He has always been strong minded, bossy and the king of my yard and now he is weak and existing.
Thank you for the heads up on the liquid intake as I am watching his every move just about. I will try to get more fluids in him.
How long do you think I should give the Metronidazole to show some results before I get concerned?
You should be concerned now, because if he has a secondary E.coli infection he's not going to live without something that treats E.coli. Had you caught it earlier, I think maybe you could have treated with just metronidazole, but IMO, he's very close to the point of no return.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom