Sick Peahen

I do have Tylan and most of the meds on hand, now i always have a bag of meds of everything i could need someday
wink.png

This peahen was opening her mouth like this last most, and giving her some antibiotics she starts to look normal, but now she is doing again. Dany we got a bad dust storm last week, maybe this is what close her especially.

This Vet i don't think he can do a test, the next one is 1 and 30 minutes far from me.

There is maybe one or two peafowl breeders in my area but most of them lived so from me.
Wow i would think a vet could get any test they needed done or know where you could get it done.

I use this chart to help me pick medications:

If no other birds are sick, I don't think it's Coryza.

-Kathy
Great chart

Do you know how long it would take other birds to get sick from coryza if one bird shows symptoms or is a carrier? the article said even if they recover they can be carriers kinda like coggins in horses there are inaparent cases where horses have been found hot when tested but show no symptoms but when stressed they can show the symptoms and shed the virus , just wondering

Last edited:
Call around and ask vets where/how you can have her tested for:

• Avian Influenza
  • Infectious bronchitis virus (IBV)
  • Infectious laryngotracheitis (ILT)
  • Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG)
  • Mycoplasma synoviae (MS)
  • Newcastle disease virus

-Kathy

Last edited:
Call around and ask vets where/how you can have her tested for:

• Avian Influenza
  • Infectious bronchitis virus (IBV)
  • Infectious laryngotracheitis (ILT)
  • Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG)
  • Mycoplasma synoviae (MS)
  • Newcastle disease virus

-Kathy

When I had those tests done I had to send the necropsy samples to University, over $500 when it was all done with.

Back
Top Bottom