Sick pullet?

Better this morning. Crop empty. Ate good.

:)

Attachments

• PXL_20230908_120917144.jpg
    PXL_20230908_120917144.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230908_120819901.jpg
    PXL_20230908_120819901.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 7
So this is the cycle so far. Good poops for a few good times, then a watery poop, then good poops. Poops now have white urates. I know that is a good sign.

She is walking around looking good. Not a care in the world, apparently. 🤣

Attachments

• PXL_20230908_201939624.jpg
    PXL_20230908_201939624.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230908_201315694.jpg
    PXL_20230908_201315694.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230908_194326768.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230908_194326768.MP.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 6
We continue on a pattern of normal looking poop and then what appears to be cecal poos that are really watery.

Any thoughts on that @Wyorp Rock ?

Do you think there is any downside of putting this girl back out with the flock? Do you think that there are contagious contaminants is her droppings?

I have also been hesitant to do so because of our current heat index (about 104). We are heading into the mid 90s next week. That is still hot, but I think my chickens will appreciate the "cool front" as they have been dealing with the 103-110 for a couple of months now. Monday's high will be 94, so thought about putting her out Monday morning with the others so I can watch them react to her. She has been inside now for 3 nights.

Is there a way to let her visit her flock each day for a short while so they get used to seeing her and hopefully remember her? Early morning when it's cooler?
She may still struggle with reintegration, but let's hope not, sometimes things go smoothly.

The ceca plays an important role in digestion. With the poop being watery like that, the ceca may not be reabsorbing as much water as it should or ? I'm just not sure. Could be there's some damage from the infection and she needs time to heal. Hopefully, it will resolve on its own in time. https://poultry.extension.org/articles/poultry-anatomy/avian-digestive-system/

Is there a way to let her visit her flock each day for a short while so they get used to seeing her and hopefully remember her? Early morning when it's cooler?
She may still struggle with reintegration, but let's hope not, sometimes things go smoothly.

The ceca plays an important role in digestion. With the poop being watery like that, the ceca may not be reabsorbing as much water as it should or ? I'm just not sure. Could be there's some damage from the infection and she needs time to heal. Hopefully, it will resolve on its own in time. https://poultry.extension.org/articles/poultry-anatomy/avian-digestive-system/
Thanks. Yes, we can play the reintegration by sight. Let her join and see how things go. If it is hard on her we can put a small caged ared in the run and let her visit with them.

Good idea.

Thanks.

Happy Sunday @Wyorp Rock !

Put little girl - hubby calling her Old Yeller bc of her yellow foot band - out with the others this morning.

The littles are still at the point of flocking separately from the big flock. Put her down and a couple of chest bumps later, she is back in the group pecking around with them. She also hung around the big girls as they made their rounds this morning. :)

We will keep up through the full course of antibiotics and plain Greek yogurt as we keep an eye on her and make sure she does not fall back into illness.

Thankful for all your help, once again. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom