Sick rooster

I wish I could help but I'm kinda new at this not very sure about various diseases.
There is a lot of great help on here from others though!
Best of luck with your girl, my roo didn't make it.

Oh...I am soo sorry for your flock. I wish there was a cure out there for them.
Thanks for your response, sad but really helpful.

I'm so sorry he didn't make it. It's so hard when they leave us that fast. I think someone mentioned this already, but I skimmed really fast. Is there a chance you could send him in for necropsy?

. Here's my2 yr old comet. She's not doing good. I don't know what's wrong with her. She hasn't been roosting for a few weeks and she stands around not eating or drinking much. What should I do.
Have you checked her for any signs of bugs or have you wormed her? Is there anything wrong with her legs that could be preventing her from roosting?

Have you checked her for any signs of bugs or have you wormed her?  Is there anything wrong with her legs that could be preventing her from roosting?
Her legs seem fine. I bathed her two days ago got all the poop off her. She's sleeping during the day not eating or drinking much. Her poop is green not sure if that's ok no worms in her poop either

I have a 5 mo old rooster who was fine yesterday and this morning only would lay on his side.
Now he is lifeless and I noticed green poop on his backside.
What could be wrong? I laid him on top of white bag so you could get a better look.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Could he have gotten botulism from eating any rotted animal/fish carcass, vegetation, or maggots--something many chickens can find in a rural setting? Did his leg or legs seem paralyzed? Did he have a Mareks vaccine? Since you are in the deep south, could he have had heat stroke or been dehydrated or kept from the waterer by other chickens? Here is a link about botulism: http://www.thepoultrysite.com/diseaseinfo/19/botulism

Her legs seem fine. I bathed her two days ago got all the poop off her. She's sleeping during the day not eating or drinking much. Her poop is green not sure if that's ok no worms in her poop either
Ok this is weird. So I brought my hen inside and decided to try to feed her some bread so I got it wet with water to get liquid in her and she is like pecking at the air like she can't see. She got attacked by a coon last Tuesday night. She lost some of her comb and some wing feathers. Could she maybe be blind in one eye. She didn't appear to be hurt really like bleeding or punctured at all

Could he have gotten botulism from eating any rotted animal/fish carcass, vegetation, or maggots--something many chickens can find in a rural setting? Did his leg or legs seem paralyzed? Did he have a Mareks vaccine? Since you are in the deep south, could he have had heat stroke or been dehydrated or kept from the waterer by other chickens? Here is a link about botulism: http://www.thepoultrysite.com/diseaseinfo/19/botulism
He wasn't around anything rotted but dehydration makes me think....maybe the other roos were keeping him away from the water.
I don't know, guess I'll keep a better eye on them.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom