Silkie and project egg Hatch-A-Long

The 5 older chicks have been moved to the brooder. Pretty much the only chicks I can still tell apart with confidence. That's Ares, Artemis, Amelia, Aphrodite, and Demeter/Chiron. They all look so different from one another. Soon a few other older, dried off chicks will join them.

Amelia is on the bottom right, above is Artemis, eating is Ares, Demeter/Chiron is behind Ares and Aphrodite is in the top left.
View attachment 3761422

Demeter/Chiron with Ares.
View attachment 3761423

Aphrodite. This one has me questioning everything I thought I knew about the parents 😂. First the single comb, then it's somehow white but it's not white because the pin feathers look like a dark grey. And then there's that brownish color on its lower back. This one's gonna be interesting to watch feather out.
View attachment 3761424

Demeter/Chiron's little face :love
This one has a tendency to be a bit dramatic.
View attachment 3761425

Amelia has two little dots on the head. It's so cute.
View attachment 3761429
Oh, how perfect they all are :love

Azaelean/Azaelon, Morpheus, and another paint silkie have joined the brooder gang. I also brought out the big camera to take some better pictures.

Aphrodite
IMG-20240302-WA0016.jpg

Ares
IMG-20240302-WA0015.jpg

Artemis
IMG-20240302-WA0013.jpg

Amelia
IMG-20240302-WA0010.jpg

Morpheus
The interesting thing about this one is that it has 6 toes on both legs. Well, it's more like the 5th toe splits into two. It's paint but the spots can't be seen here.
IMG-20240302-WA0009.jpg

Azaelean/Azaelon
One of the lavenders.
IMG-20240302-WA0006.jpg

Demeter/Chiron
IMG-20240302-WA0004.jpg

A little paint I have yet to identify.
IMG-20240302-WA0002.jpg

As far as the 4 other eggs go, no more have pipped. I'll give them another 1 or 2 days, considering today is supposed to be their actual hatch day.

Azaelean/Azaelon, Morpheus, and another paint silkie have joined the brooder gang. I also brought out the big camera to take some better pictures.

Aphrodite
View attachment 3761447

Ares
View attachment 3761448

Artemis
View attachment 3761449

Amelia
View attachment 3761450

Morpheus
The interesting thing about this one is that it has 6 toes on both legs. Well, it's more like the 5th toe splits into two. It's paint but the spots can't be seen here.
View attachment 3761451

Azaelean/Azaelon
One of the lavenders.
View attachment 3761452

Demeter/Chiron
View attachment 3761453

View attachment 3761454

As far as the 4 other eggs go, no more have pipped. I'll give them another 1 or 2 days, considering today is supposed to be their actual hatch day.
:love beautiful little fluffs! Hello cuties! :frow

Aphrodite
View attachment 3761447

Ares
View attachment 3761448

Artemis
View attachment 3761449

Amelia
View attachment 3761450

Morpheus
View attachment 3761451

Azaelean/Azaelon
One of the lavenders.
View attachment 3761452

Demeter/Chiron
View attachment 3761453

View attachment 3761454

You are a fantastic photographer! I love seeing work like this, good job. Everyone looks soo amazing :)
Good luck to the other 4 :fl

Is Aredia still alive? (Egg 32)
Yes, I decided to candle them very quickly earlier since everyone else had hatched and and these eggs had no external pips.
Aredia was moving around quite a bit in the egg. Abigail (25) looked to have pipped internally, but I didn't see any movement. The other two (2 and 11) didn't show any movement, so I'm not sure they'll hatch...

Yes, I decided to candle them very quickly earlier since everyone else had hatched and these eggs had no external pips.
Aredia was moving around quite a bit in the egg. Abigail (25) looked to have pipped internally, but I didn't see any movement. The other two (2 and 11) didn't show any movement, so I'm not sure they'll hatch...
That's so exciting!

Yes, I decided to candle them very quickly earlier since everyone else had hatched and and these eggs had no external pips.
Any word on Abigail? :fl

Back
Top Bottom