Silkie Hatch-A-Long 2015

Just set 6 bearded pure silkie painted eggs
1f609.png
. When should I start turning them? Somebody told me on day 7 but I'm sure when I've done this previously I've started doing this from day 1. Thanks in advance
1f44d.png

Just set 6 bearded pure silkie painted eggs
1f609.png
. When should I start turning them? Somebody told me on day 7 but I'm sure when I've done this previously I've started doing this from day 1. Thanks in advance
1f44d.png

If the eggs were shipped, it's best to leave them upright (big end up) for a couple days without turning them, particularly if you have detached air cells. If they were not shipped or the air cells are still attached, go ahead and turn them from the beginning.

Last question (that's not a promise
1f609.png
) how often should I turn them. I know 3 times a day is ok but is there an "optimum" amount of times a day?.

3 is good. I've heard to turn them an odd number of times so that they don't end up in the same position every night. I'm not really an expert on hand turning though. I've always used an automatic turner.

If you for those eggs in the mail you need to leave them alone for 7 days with no turning. This allows the air sack to stabilize on the large end of the eggs. Turn the eggs 3 time daily is the norm after the 7 days..

Back
Top Bottom